When arming the system the garage door will open and trigger an Alarm.

Hi,

I have the myQ Universal Door opener and I configured the rule that closes the Garage when the door is open and the system is armed.

A few times so far when I arm the system the garage door will open by itself and will trigger an alarm. the door will stay open.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Felipe.

Well that is strange. Have you checked the status of the door on the garage page in Alarm.com? When this happens is the door reporting that it is open after it opens? Or does the app show the garage door as in the wrong state?

Also: How long have you had the MyQ installed? Has the controller been working properly for a while and only recently started doing this? Is it new and is predominantly malfunctioning? Has it been a long time and only happens once in a long while?

If it is the 821LM using a tilt sensor, I would check to make sure first that the orientation of the MyQ Tilt Sensor on the garage door is correct. “Top” is written on the side that should face up.

Do you have more than one door connected? If so does this happen to both or only one?

I will keep an eye on the status of the door before arming in the future.

I installed it a few months ago…because it does not happen all the time (1 in 10 times IMO) I think it is happening this way since it was installed.

Yes, tilt sensor is installed correctly.

just one door, but I do have another wireless sensor for the garage (that I had before myQ)

Thanks

The best option may be to remove and reinstall the MyQ device, you would need to have the gateway deleted through Alarm.com.

Just in case an issue is known, what is the exact model of overhead controller you are using?

Update:I think my problem is a very sensitive sensor. The sensor detects vibration on the door as the door opening.

Is it possible to adjust the sensors?

Thanks,
Felipe.

There is no way I am aware of to adjust the sensitivity on the tilt sensor. As it looks to be a simple ball switch, you might try very slightly adjusting the natural tilt of the sensor as it rests on a closed door to see if you can filter out the problems with vibration.

Replace the tilt sensor with a more reliable DW10 and overhead garage door reed switch.

Problem solved.

Honestly, I don’t even know why people use that trash tilt sensor… its prone to false alarm, a strong wind will set it off even… very unreliable sensor.

Garage door reed switch:

Rive, the OP is referring to the MyQ door sensor for the Universal Garage controller 821LM.

Yes, tilt sensor is installed correctly.

just one door, but I do have another wireless sensor for the garage (that I had before myQ)

Thanks

Update:I think my problem is a very sensitive sensor. The sensor detects vibration on the door as the door opening.

My bad. OP said they had the tilt sensor installed, perhaps I misunderstood… didn’t realize MYQ had an alarm initiating tilt sensor also.

In any event, sound to me like the MyQ tilt sensor is about as crappy as the RE206…

The 821LM door sensor is also a tilt sensor, just one specific to that unit. Similar ball switch internals.

One last thing to check is that it is within the recommended 20 feet of the 821LM wifi hub.