What is the advantage of the 2GIG Go!Bridge IP Communicator 2GIG-BRDG1-900

hello, what is the advantage of the 2GIG Go!Bridge IP Communicator 2GIG-BRDG1-900 over my regular 2gig panel in the main entrance areas and the ts1 I have in the bedroom. I still need to use alarm.com right?

From what I read you need firmware version 1.2 or higher on the TS1 that I think is the secondary panel. I still need to update all firmwares on both panels. I plan to order the cable 2gig UPCBL2 Firmware Update Cable for TS1 and the 2gig control panel.

I have about 20 sensors smoke detectors and 2 kwikset Zwave door locks. As well as 10 or more ZWave switches and a few repeaters. I have some problems with range on a few of them.

Also do I have the required 2GIG-XCVR2-345 ? I would assume I do. Though maybe the unit I see in the panels are outdated versions from 3 years ago when I installed the system
Thanks for any help.

The GoBridge is an add on that allows for dual path communication for inbound and outbound signals with Alarm.com. Instead of just communicating using cellular, you would have a concurrent IP internet back-up communication. It speeds up remote commands considerably.

It connects to your internet router and speaks to the GoControl with the 900 mhz transceiver. If you have an operational TS1, you would already have the transceiver.

You would need at least 1.12 firmware, yes. The latest (1.13) link is available on this page along with a tutorial video on updating the firmware.

thanks Jason, this is a great forum here.

what is the advantage of the 2GIG Go!Bridge IP Communicator 2GIG-BRDG1-900 over my regular 2gig panel I still need to use alarm.com right?

No. The 2GIG panel w/ bridge can be used without alarm.com backend service. (SuretyCAM is only a alarm.com dealer though)

The way I understand it, the 2GIG panel now supports two additional backend providers (originally only alarm.com was supported): Telguard, and Uplink. The bridge can be used with all three independently, and with at least Uplink, the bridge can be used standalone and does not require the use of a cellular module to have service on the panel.

The Bridge basically gives the panel additional broadband/WiFi communication capability so now it supports three separate communication protocols (or combination thereof): POTS (telephone), Cellular, broadband internet.

I want to go the 2Gig over broadband ONLY which sounds like uplink. Who can I go through to purchase? Suretydiy?

Thanks,
Rob

suretyDIY is exclusively an Alarm.com service provider. We feel IP-only communication is currently not a reliable enough communication method and do not support it.

The Go-Bridge would be used as a concurrent back-up method of communication with no additional monthly charge.

I already have a cellular solution with my service and 2GIG panel. Can I add a brdg1-900 later? what would I have to do? Witch would the panel favor, if either, and what would be the gain by adding the brdg1? ( I need not to do some much thinking). thank You in advance.

Can I add a brdg1-900 later? what would I have to do? Witch would the panel favor, if either, and what would be the gain by adding the brdg1?

The Go!Bridge can be added at any time. An XCVR2 is required.

The panel does not favor either. It is concurrent backup - meaning both communication paths send signals simultaneously. As a side-benefit, this effectively removes latency for remote commands.

You would gain a backup communication method and reduction in latency.

Just installed the GoBridge tonite. Went very smooth. I am guessing that a “phone test” on my web log in page with the security status is proof that it is working. I must say that suretyDIY with a 2GIG system is the best combination of Price, ease of installation, and support for anyone’s money.

You are a patient man, Jason. Answering the same question over and over (including mine). I am grateful for Your help.

I am guessing that a “phone test” on my web log in page with the security status is proof that it is working

A cell phone test only tests the cell connection, though I can confirm that broadband pings are successful, so it is functioning correctly.

You are a patient man, Jason. Answering the same question over and over (including mine). I am grateful for Your help.

We’re here to help! Thank you for choosing suretyDIY