Water Detection

I have a Go!Control panel I would like to add water detection to for my basement. It appears that I have standard sensor options like the Ademco 5821 and Resolution RE219. I know there are also several z-wave sensors out there now, and am curious if they might be as effective? Can I use a GE 45133, for example?

Z-wave sensor type devices will not be compatible generally.

The RE219 or Ademco would be the way to go. Water management through Z-wave and Alarm.com refers to Z-wave valve controls.

Are you saying that alarm.com is not set up to use z-wave water detection devices?

A Z-wave Flood sensor will not be compatible with the alarm panel itself. In general, sensor Z-wave devices are not compatible with dedicated Alarm panels.

Thanks, Jason! Is there any guidance on adding the 5821 to my panel?

The 5821 has a lot of customization depending on how you want to use it. In addition to multiple loops for various features, dip switches further control what those loops do.

Each loop would be learned in as an individual sensor in the 2GIG programming, using the tamper switch on the 5821 to learn in the serial.

Refer to the manufacturer installation manual to set up the 5821 for its intended purpose. See the chart below detailing loops and dip switch positions.

Thanks Jason, that picture helped me plan ahead for the 5821.
I installed it last night, and it definitely works. I set it up with the two zones, 1 for cold temperature and 3 for water. Under Q1 I set them as (6) and (8) for “freeze” and “water” sensors. I used the (0624) 5821 code for both zones, set it as existing…dialer delay, sensor reports, sensor supervised are all enabled.
Currently it is set as (08) 24-Hour Auxiliary Alarm, but I would prefer that the panel not “BEEP BEEP BEEP” if it is triggered. I would prefer it only chime like when a door is opened, as well as reporting so that I can get the notification from Alarm.com. Is there any way I can do that?
Also, what is the difference between (6) “freeze” and (10) “temperature”? I think I should change that, as the temperature sensor triggers at 45°F, not 32°F.

Currently it is set as (08) 24-Hour Auxiliary Alarm, but I would prefer that the panel not “BEEP BEEP BEEP” if it is triggered. I would prefer it only chime like when a door is opened, as well as reporting so that I can get the notification from Alarm.com. Is there any way I can do that?

Having it only chime would require a different Zone Type. Programming as an Aux Alarm will result in it being an alert. In Alarm.com, this type of zone can be set for notifications under the “Alarm Notification” type, since it is either in alarm or not at all times, it is not eligible (or useful) with sensor activity monitoring.

It could always be programmed as “No Response Type” if you prefer to just use ADC notifications (this would require a sensor activity monitoring slot). You could set it to just chime as well. These zone types do not have their activity forwarded to the central station if you have a monitoring account.

Also, what is the difference between (6) “freeze” and (10) “temperature”? I think I should change that, as the temperature sensor triggers at 45°F, not 32°F.

Typically, the (10) temperature equipment type is used for “Overheat” sensors (not fire detection heat sensors, but just general high temp threshold) This will change how it is reported to ADC, and by extension the central station.

Should you want to go with “No Response Type” to avoid the alerts and only use chimes, these options would not be relevant, and you could instead just use “Contact” equipment type.