Very slow response from app commands

I’d had this issue for a long while, and it’s sporadic. Sometimes when issuing commands from the app from my phone, it can take as long as 10 to 15 minutes for the alarm panel to acknowledge the command. For example, I’ll issue the arm command from my phone, and 10 minutes later, the alarm panel will finally arm the system. Most other times, the response is instant. Today it took 7 minutes from arm command to system armed according to the log.

I’ve checked the cellular signal on the alarm panel, and it fluctuates between 17 to 19, which I believe is good. I’ve also run a cellular test many times, and it always comes back ‘ok’.

Does the slow response times indicate something is failing? Poor signal strength?

I’ve checked the cellular signal on the alarm panel, and it fluctuates between 17 to 19, which I believe is good. I’ve also run a cellular test many times, and it always comes back ‘ok’.

Does the slow response times indicate something is failing? Poor signal strength?

Panel signal strength looks solid and there are no reported communication failure periods in the recent history.

Typically a delay on inbound commands is not representative of weak signaling, but difficulty routing the signal.

This can be caused by a few things:

1. Network Carrier changes/tower maintenance.
  2. Cellular network extenders being used at the house.
  3. Panel/module command buffer error, or getting backed up.

It looks like this is regarding a 2GIG Go!Control Panel using 1.13 firmware. In 1.17 firmware they added Z-wave command buffering support, which may help if Z-wave commands are hanging at the module. Updating the firmware would be a good step to try. A power cycle can be tried first as well to see if there is any change with a panel reboot. (You can send a remote reboot command through our System manager tool, located in your dashboard.)

Can you update the firmware remotely to the latest (1.19)?

Firmware can be updated via Over the Air (OTA) update. Each update can take anywhere from 3-12 hours to complete. During this time, your panel will continue to function normally but it should not be power cycled nor should programming mode be entered. Doing so can cause damage your system! When done via cellular, each OTA update incurs a $10.00 Data Charge.

I have notified customer service and they should be contacting you shortly regarding next steps.