V520IR not using ADC rules

This issue has been ongoing.

V520IR Camera was removed from account reset, and installed/added back to account. Motion detection rule created.

Record at all times, except when panel armed stay.

Problem is not resolved. Camera is still not following rules. There appears to be a disconnect/miscommunication with ADC insofar as camera does not appear to be aware of the panel arming status for recording based rules.

Panel is currently disarmed, and camera is not recording motion events.

At approx 6:34pm yesterday panel was armed stay, camera continued to record until approx 7:16pm

Panel disarmed at 8:10am this morning, and for the last hour (it is 9:07am), camera is currently failing to record motion events.

Live video works fine, manual recording works fine.

Camera has apparently not received ADC signal regarding arming status of panel for panel based rules.

Please have ADC figure out the issue/run backend diagnostics, and have them flash the previous version of the V520IR firmware for troubleshooting purposes.

Further follow-up

Performed the following trouble shooting steps:

Edited the motion detection rule- unchecked ’do not record when panel armed stay’

V520IR recorded motion event at 9:53am and 9:56am. Performing properly per rules (record at all times).

Edited rule, check marked ‘do not record when panel armed stay’.

Armed panel stay at 10:01am

Motion event recorded at 10:05am, 10:06am, 10:13am 10:21am, 10:22am, 10:30am, 10:42am.

Camera not following rules (do not record when panel armed stay), and the minute it stops recording (as though it has received signal that panel is armed stay), and I disarm panel, it won’t record motion events (record at all times except when panel armed stay).

Really need to get this issue resolved. Please push this issue to ADC.

Thanks.

It looks like there is an open ticket for you in Alarm.com regarding this and ADC has your account listed in an open investigation into this camera behavior. It looks like this is affecting some other 520 cameras as well for multiple dealers so it is not isolated.

There is no method for ADC to reapply old firmware to the camera at this time. Reverting firmware is not an option to test.

ADC resent a few commands to see if that kick starts the cams sync with ADC arming status. Can you confirm if this has worked or not? (Don’t delete any schedules or alter them, just see if it is working. If not, just try rebooting the cam once. Any change?)

There is no ETA on a fix, but it is an open ticket with the ADC video team currently so it is being worked on.

Panel/cam seem to be synced for stay arming mode (do not record when panel armed stay).

When I disarm panel, cam doesn’t sync. Motion events not recording.

Power cycled cam.

Camera still not synced for panel disarm. Cam still not recording motion events.

I suspect my only course of action at this point is to uncheck ‘do not record when panel armed stay’.

We need the security camera working. This will fill up the available cloud storage.

I suspect my only course of action at this point is to uncheck ‘do not record when panel armed stay’.

If there are times you know activity will occur at the home you can also limit the recordings by time of day. If it is more random it would be best to just remove the condition, yes.

Any change to the storage capacity would be a pretty special consideration, but it’s certainly something we can help argue, since this will def create more recordings. I’ll follow up here with any word on this. Also any update regarding the open ticket.

Does this issue affect only those with a 520IR on the latest firmware,or 2GIG systems,or 2GIG systems and 520IR on the latest firmware, etc?

I am wndering if a panel firmware update may resolve it or something.

The ticket does not specify, but I don’t think it would, as it wouldn’t matter the panel type unless ADC simply didn’t get the proper arming status from your system for other purposes either. They have the correct arming status, it is the camera rule that is misfiring based on the status ADC has, so it is almost certainly an issue between the 520 and ADC (the camera does not directly communicate to the panel or receive info from the panel locally.)

Panel firmware should have no effect here unfortunately

Thanks for pushing this to ADC. The issue seems to be resolved now.

I tested it extensively yesterday (7/17/19), and camera is functioning properly.

According to ADC the sync issue seemed to have been caused by the camera IP address. Apparently the pause/unpause commands for the ‘record always except when panel armed stay’ rule were being sent to an old IP for the camera.

I am not quite sure how that could be. I would think if it had the wrong IP for commands being sent, that it would have affected more than just panel arming record pause/unpause commands, but who knows.

From what we found based on your testing and the normal use of your system prior to Monday, the pause/un-pause recording commands were being generated as they should have been when you armed and disarmed your system. The trouble was that those commands in particular were being sent to an old IP address for your camera. As of Monday, we will no longer use a stored IP address for those commands, which should prevent this from happening going forward.

-ADC

Everything seems to be functioning properly now. So I am good.

Thanks again.

I am not quite sure how that could be. I would think if it had the wrong IP for commands being sent, that it would have affected more than just panel arming record pause/unpause commands, but who knows.

I was about to post here. Yes, we have been notified about this being resolved as well, and it sounds like they were using a cached IP address that wasn’t always current for the camera for that command. That specific command probably used a cached variable that other commands weren’t using.

I’m glad to hear it is resolved for you!