Help Forum

Utilizing Nest Smoke with Simon

Support Utilizing Nest Smoke with Simon

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Dexter
    Dexter
    Participant

Hello. I have 2 Nest smoke alarms and a Nest Thermostat. I also have a Simon Interlogix LTE home alarm system with the Alarm.com App on my phone. I do not have live monitoring with Fire/Police at this time, but might add monitoring in the future. My question is, is there a way to connect my Nest Smoke alarms to my home alarm system so if I add live monitoring it would notify the Fire Department.

Let me know. Thanks.

Tyler
    Tyler
    Surety

The Nest smoke detector is not directly compatible with the Simon panel. However, as the Nest Smoke should produce a temporal 3 cadence (T3) upon activation, it may be possible to utilize an Interlogix FireFighter to send a signal from the Nest smoke to the Simon XT/XTi.

While I have not attempted this pairing before, the FireFighter monitors the alarm cadence of existing UL smoke detectors. When an alarm is detected, a signal is sent to the control panel which would then notify central monitoring station (if utilized).

You would only need one FireFighter if all smokes are interconnected.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Log in or register here.

Value Proposition

Your home is your domain.
Connecting you with it is ours.

Learn about Surety whole home automation and security.

Just need cameras? Check out Surety 24/7 AI powered video.

Whether you’re a security system novice or a seasoned pro, everything we do is designed to make monitoring your Surety Home incredibly simple and enjoyable.

Guy Relaxing in Chair
New title
Five out of five star rating.

“I want to thank Surety for being so SIMPLE to setup… With Livewatch (Now Brinks) I had to call them for every single thing… then listen to sales pitch after sales pitch for new items. Surety, not a single call needed to be made… This is how a DIY service should be!!”

Devin S. , Surety Forum Review , 7/14/2019
Five out of five star rating.

“(They) are very quick to reply with thorough, knowledgeable, complete and helpful answers… I really can’t say enough about how impressive they are…. I am a huge fan and would highly recommend…”

G.N. , Westfield, NJ , Yelp , 7/03/2018
View more
Plans

We offer plans to fit everybody’s needs.

Shop Plans

No products in the cart.