Utilizing an 8 Digit Code for a Schlage Connect Lock

I have a Schlage Connect lock connected to my zwave (2gig) system. It’s working nicely reporting all opens/closes and I can lock/unlock remotely.

The lock is configured for an 8 character user code.
However, my Alarm.com screen only shows 4 characters for the alarm login, but does not show any of the 8 character codes programmed on the lock.

Is there a way to manage/access the lock codes via alarm.com?
Even better would be to assign the lock codes to user codes.
Thanks in advance for your assistance.

Is there a way to manage/access the lock codes via alarm.com?
Absolutely! You will want to login to Alarm.com and navigate to the Security -> Users tab. Click on the edit pencil for the user you're going to update and in the Access Code field, enter in the 8 digit lock code you want assigned to that user. Note that the first four digits of this code will be utilized as the 4 digit panel access code while the whole string will be the users lock code.

I have the IQ Panel 2 and Schlage locks. I used to be able to manage my 8 digit codes this way. However, after a recent panel update it seems as only 4 digit codes can be set in the Alarm.com. Is there still a way to manage 8 digit codes?

Unfortunately this is a specific limitation with Schlage locks due to their built in code limitations. Schlage locks must be set to receive a specific length of code rather than accepting up to a certain length code, and sending any other length through Alarm.com has caused numerous syncing problems in the past.

ADC has purposefully removed the ability to send longer codes to Schlage locks because of this. Only 4 digit codes can be supported at this time, but this may change again in the future.

Longer codes are still supported on other manufacturer models.

I’m having an issue as well. I used to be able to enter the 8 digit code on alarm.com. I have 2 users set up and I can see the codes as 8 digits but when trying to add a 3rd I only have the ability to add 4 digits only, which will activate the alarm but does not allow door access because door requires 8 digit code. It’s been awhile since needing a new user code so I am not sure when this started and how to fix.

It looks like you are referencing a Schlage lock, correct?

ADC has removed the ability to send 8 digit codes to Schlage locks due to issues described above. It appears that existing user codes are unaffected but new users would be.

The fix in this case would be to go down to four digits on the lock.

So that being said, and realizing what was stated previously, I am currently using 8 digit lock codes and prefer this method to a 4 digit code for safety reasons. Am I stuck with never being able to change or add an 8 digit code. Seems that alarm.com has really screwed users that have this in place and working fine. That really kind of ticks me off knowing they have decided what is best for there customers without giving us a choice.

Is there any kind of workaround or ability to turn this back on for a user?

Am I stuck with never being able to change or add an 8 digit code. Is there any kind of workaround or ability to turn this back on for a user?

Currently, you cannot use new 8 digit codes with the lock/ADC. The Old users with 8 digit codes will continue to function but new users can’t use 8 digit codes.

Whether or not that could change would be pure speculation on my part.

There is no workaround specifically. Your option is to use the Schlage lock and drop down to 4 digit codes OR swap out the Schlage lock for a Yale or Kwikset that can support 4 or 8 digit codes.