Unable to add MyQ to Alarm.Com

Hi,

I recently installed a MyQ gateway for my garage doors, however, at Alarm.com I’m not able to add the device. When I type in my serial number I receive the following error:

“There was an error while registering your LiftMaster MyQ Gateway. Please ensure that you have entered the correct serial number and then contact us for assistance.”

I am positive on the serial number as I had to use it for setup on the Liftmaster App. I can control the door from both the Liftmaster app and the Liftmaster MyQ web portal. I also have it linked and working with my Nest account so I know it’s working properly.

Please let me know how we can resolve this. Thank you.

I am positive on the serial number as I had to use it for setup on the Liftmaster App. I can control the door from both the Liftmaster app and the Liftmaster MyQ web portal. I also have it linked and working with my Nest account so I know it’s working properly.

You cannot register the Gateway through both Liftmaster and Alarm.com.

When setting up through Alarm.com, a new Liftmaster registration is created as part of the process and the control is then through Alarm.com.

You will want to unregister the gateway from Liftmaster in order to proceed

Jason,

That did not work either. I logged into the MyQ portal and removed the door and hub. It’s no longer showing there and it’s no longer on my smartphone app as a valid device, however, same error from Alarm.com when I try to add it.

How long did you wait in between removing and re-attempting?

So that we can verify the serial number, could you submit the serial you are using via our secure message tool?

Can you confirm that the gateway is at this moment connected to the internet and powered on?

Jason,

I waited several minutes, just tried again to register it on Alarm.com as it’s been removed for 15-20 minutes at this point. Will send the serial number to you via secure message, and yes, the hub shows powered up. I can not tell you if it’s internet connected as I don’t have control of the door via the app or myQ portal since removing it, however, it did work fine up until I removed it.

Just to clarify the light on the hub is green which according to myQ indicates powered up and internet connected.

Thanks, we will take a look at the serial and see the errors it returns and see if it is still showing active registration.

What is the model number of this gateway?

Thanks Jason.

Model number is MYQ-G0301

Universal myQ Smart Garage Hub

Jason,

Do you see anything in the logs/reasons this won’t link in Alarm.com? I need to add it back to my smartphone app to add another door/sensor to the hub but don’t want to interfere with any research taking place.

Thanks

We are awaiting some response from ADC. Go ahead and add your equipment if you wish to use it through the Liftmaster app for now. We see the same error when attempting to add in the back-end, however I believe this likely indicates the Serial did not get purged from Liftmaster.

We want to double check a couple other possibilities with ADC. If we need it removed again for testing we will post here.

Thanks, I’ve added it back to my Smartphone app and completed what I needed. I will wait to hear back from you on more regarding adding it to ADC.

Alarm.com has actually seen that error on that model reported a few times and it looks like that new model of Chamberlain hub (replaced the MyQ-G0201) has serial numbers not supported yet. We’ve seen this in the past with a different model release.

I’ve had this escalated to see if we can get support added ASAP, but for now you will want to use the native MyQ app.

Thanks, Jason. That is unfortunate, hopefully, ADC will correct this quickly since I purchased the myQ setup so I could further my ADC experience/single app for home automation.

I too am having the same issue. Any way to know if my myq serial number is compatible with ADC?

If you have a Wifi universal hub, all universal hubs are actually affected by this announcement regarding one or more bugs in back-end communication in the MyQ platform. Alarm.com does not currently allow new Hubs to be activated on accounts as there are possible status relay issues which must be addressed by Chamberlain/Liftmaster.

These hubs can be used instead with the native MyQ app.

Is this still an issue? The linked announcement states that the restriction has been resolved, however, I still don’t see a way to add the MYQ-G0301 to alarm.com. The Liftmaster install page doesn’t have anywhere to enter the hub’s serial number. The instructions for the hub state to enter the serial number.

Is this still an issue? The linked announcement states that the restriction has been resolved, however, I still don’t see a way to add the MYQ-G0301 to alarm.com. The Liftmaster install page doesn’t have anywhere to enter the hub’s serial number. The instructions for the hub state to enter the serial number.

Only one Gateway serial can be added via the Alarm.com user site at this time, however additional hubs can be added by your Alarm.com provider. It looks like one is already assigned to your account. To add a second or later gateway to your account, please submit the serial number via secure message here and request it be added.

My garage was connected to my alarm.com and I mistakenly bumped it because I needed to connect to myq app. Now it won’t allow me to add it back to alarm.com

My garage was connected to my alarm.com and I mistakenly bumped it because I needed to connect to myq app. Now it won’t allow me to add it back to alarm.com

A MyQ hub can only be connected to one or the other system at one time. When you register the hub through Alarm.com, it generates a registry in MyQ.

To add the MyQ gateway to Alarm.com it would need to be completely deleted through the MyQ app first.

See this article for info on how to delete the hub!

I deleted it from myq this morning and it’s still giving me an error message when I try and add it to ADC now