TS1 Firmware 1.13–>1.16 failed

In the process of updating my panels to 1.19.3/1.16 install/use the new LTE card hoping to resolve ongoing signaling issues.

Main 2Gig GC2 CP FW update went fine. One TS1 update went fine. 2nd TS1 update failed with Firmware Aborted on the snazzy 1998-era firmware update software.

Image attached. Correct SW used, cable propped/steady in one spot, started update halfway through got fail message.

Panel no longer starts up. Buttons light up when I try to RE-flash, but nothing otherwise. Power supply delivering correct 13.98V at both plug terminals as well as at panel terminals. Holding both buttons does nada.

I suspect you are going to tell me it’s bricked. However, the Firnware updated clearly is talking to the panel and getting data. Thoughts? (And jeez, this stuff is terrible tech/hardware.)

Main 2Gig GC2 CP FW update went fine. One TS1 update went fine. 2nd TS1 update failed with Firmware Aborted on the snazzy 1998-era firmware update software.

Yes, 2GIG’s GC2 update software is rather bare bones. Luckily the process is vastly improved on their GC3, with USB input. The 2GIG Go!Control is fairly old at this point, but the update software is definitely its most dated feature.

Panel no longer starts up. Buttons light up when I try to RE-flash, but nothing otherwise. Power supply delivering correct 13.98V at both plug terminals as well as at panel terminals. Holding both buttons does nada.

I suspect you are going to tell me it’s bricked. However, the Firnware updated clearly is talking to the panel and getting data. Thoughts?

It very well may be bricked, but you might try an intermediate firmware version and see if you get any different response on that unit. Do you see the same response from trying 1.14? (found here)

Update:
OK, got back to the non-responsive TS1,

• flashed it back to 1.14, and… LIFE.
  • Rebooted it, then flashed to 1.16. Worked!
  • Reset TS1 to default, then re-learned it into main panel. Worked!
  • All now back on the grid.

Thx for the help,
.//A.

That’s great news, glad to hear that resolved the issue!