Transfering Alarm.com cameras?

Can adc-v722w cameras be moved from one Alarm.com “Video Cloud” account (soon to be terminated) to another Alarm.com account? My bro is selling his vacation home that is protected by two 722W cams, and he is giving those to me to add to my existing Alarm.com account (protecting my home). We live in different states and use separate Alarm.com security providers. Since I’m a DIYer, I’m thinking that after I install those gifted cameras, I’ll just do a hard reset on the cameras and then add those to my Alarm.com account as if they were “new”. I’m aware that I’ll need to increase my “video” camera add-on (going from four to six) with my Alarm.com service provider.

Have I missed anything? Thx

Aero

Alarm.com cameras can only be assigned to one account at a time. The cameras would need to be disassociated with the current account prior to you being able to use them on your account.

If they are not removed from their existing Alarm.com account they cannot be assigned to another account.

Thanks Tyler - makes sense. BTW - who performs the “Disassociation” function for each alarm.com camera?..is it the Alarm.com service provider or the account owner after logging in to the Alarm.com app?

Either the current owner of the cams or their Alarm.com service provider would be able to delete the cams. We cannot confirm what any other service provider would require before being able to delete cams (or if they actually would). It would be best to have the current owner delete them first.

This can be found under Settings > Video Device Info on the Video tab in Alarm.com.

Got it and thank you. Aero