Thermostat not turning off at set temp

My thermostat has stopped turning itself off when it hits the desired temperature. Has replaced batteries and still staying on. Only shuts off it I turn it off completely.

It looks like you currently do not use a schedule, correct?

I am seeing the thermostat set point is 68 and the temp is 72, based on what is being reported to Alarm.com. Does that not match your cool set point temp locally?

I was using a schedule before it starting acting up. It is set on 68 ac now

Could you describe when the issue occurred? Are you saying the thermostat continued cooling beyond 68? (or 65, note that the sleep schedule temp is set at 65 atm)

You also have an remote temp sensor on the system. Were you averaging the temps or using the temp sensor as the current temp setting? This can have the effect of the main Tstat continuing past where it would stop if the room with the RTS is warmer.

Yes it is cooling beyond the set temp of 68. It will get down to 63 and still be on. I have used the average and both thermostat and temp sensor separately.

Was it ever working properly on cool mode?

What you are describing sounds like a wiring or settings error. Just to verify and check settings, what model of HVAC system do you have?

Can you provide a description of the wiring you are using at the tstat?

It was working fine until about a week ago and it just seems to be a problem of it turning off on it’s own. It will turn off from app, thermostat, or panel just fine.

The wire connected to Y terminal is going to be the one that controls cooling on a standard furnace and air conditioner unit.

It is hard to tell from the photo, but it looks like the Y wire may be bent pretty sharply or its sheath damaged. Can you confirm whether the sheath is intact all the way up to the terminal? If not you may be experiencing a short on the wire