Thermostat Malfuction error message won't clear

Hi

I’ve had a long running error message “Malfunction (Thermostat (ID:#))” in my mobile app for my Surety/Alarm.com system. All functions of the thermostat appear to function, so it is not clear what the error is related to.

We have a 2GIG GC2 panel, taken over from Vivent and the ADC-T2000 thermostat, as I was forced to upgrade my old thermostat when it was decommissioned.

The thermostat and control panel are in the same room, approximately 10-12 feet apart, and have a clear line of sight in between. There are a few floor lamps in between, but tv and wifi router are on opposite of living room, so would not expect to have electric interference causing an issue for the zwave signal.

I would like to resolve any underlying issues or clear out the faulty error if this is the case. This error appears on both my partner’s and my applications.

Thanks!

Happy to help! Do you have two thermostats currently connected?

The malfunctioning thermostat is the old CT100. Looks like it was never cleared from the device list if it has been removed.

Is this CT100 removed and no longer powered at this time? If so, we can send a remote delete command to see if we can clear out the malfunctioning node now.

Hi Jason,

Thank you for your response. The old thermostat is no longer in use/connected. Please clear it out.

Brian

I’ve sent a command to remove that node ID for the malfunctioning thermostat and it looks like the command was successful. You may need to log out and log back into Alarm.com to see this change.