tape for 5150 shock sensor

I moved my system to a new house and want to reinstall a 5150 shock sensor (wired to a combo switch). The 5150 data sheet says they use ‘specially formulated 3M tape’ but nothing specific. Can you recommend a tape that would be similar? I typically use the gray 3M VHB tape for my other wireless sensors but it seems a bit thicker than what came with the 5150 sensor. I don’t want the extra thickness to reduce the sensor’s effectiveness.

If you don’t have a recommendation I’ll just find something a little thinner than the VHB. Either way will test to verify it still works.

If you need to replace the tape, just match the thinness if possible. Any double-sided tape should be fine, but given you are looking for vibration, thicker tape may impact that.

This 3m tape looks to be about 1mm thick.

Thanks for the suggestion.

I think the original tape was less than 1mm thick but can’t remember. But if 1mm is a good target thickness, they have the Scotch 410DC-SF 10-lb tape at a local store and will try that first.

I’m saving your link for the VHB in case I need something stronger, that looks like serious stuff.