Help Forum

T2000 invalid configuration

Support T2000 invalid configuration

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 39 total)
  • Author
    Jason
    Jason
    Surety

Yes. You will need to remove and re-add.

Once that is complete, let us know if you see any setup questions again on Alarm.com. You can then test through Alarm.com. The panel firmware should no longer play any factor.

acheslow
    Participant

I removed and re-added the tstat, and then configured it on alarm.com. Afterwards, it still did not control the furnace or AC, and when I viewed the tstat screen on the GC3 it was empty. I could see and control the tstat from alarm.com and my android app though.

I cut the power and re-installed the old tstat, and now the furnace and AC are working.

I’d really like to get the T2000 working. Any other ideas?

Thanks,
    Alan

Jason
    Jason
    Surety

I cut the power and re-installed the old tstat, and now the furnace and AC are working.

I haven’t heard confirmation yet, but I would bet that there is a check going on for fan functionality prohibiting further usage. It is likely preventative to ensure the system does not continue running with a malfunctioning blower.

We’ll discuss with ADC and see if there are any other options. It may come down to requiring updated wiring.

acheslow
    Participant

Thank you for looking into this. Also if it helps, I noticed when I reconnected the old Tstat that it had R and RC jumpered together.

Alan

acheslow
    Participant

Hi, have you had a chance to find out from ADC if there any other options? I need to decide whether or not to return the T2000.

If I do, would a Nest thermostat work instead? According to https://nest.com/widget/compatibility/ it says it will work with the 3 wires I have, but would it work with ADC or would I have the same problem?

Thanks,
    Alan

Jason
    Jason
    Surety

Have not received what I would call definitive confirmation but it does strongly appear to be an incompatibility. The error message during setup is designed to keep installations of this manner from going forward, and the settings which are likely causing the trouble are set automatically during the Alarm.com setup process and cannot be manually disabled, only values adjusted.

I would say it is probably best at this time to swap out if you are unable to run a wire to control the fan independently.

If I do, would a Nest thermostat work instead?

I could not say whether a Nest would accept that wiring setup, but if the documentation states that it will you should be good. Nest integration is on the back end, and the same setup process does not occur through Alarm.com.

acheslow
    Participant

OK thanks. From reading posts here it looks like Nest is not quite as capable as the T2000 it terms of integration with ADC and the GC3 so I may try to see if I can put the T2000 in the basement next to the furnace and wire it directly in there. I don’t think running new wire upstairs to the current tstat location is going to be a viable option for me.

If I am able to wire the T2000 in the basement with a G-wire for fan control, would I then be able to use remote temp sensors upstairs where it is warmer? And would there be any kind of remote or secondary thermostat I could use upstairs? Would the GC3 secondary panel work for this when it comes out?

Thanks again,
    Alan

Jason
    Jason
    Surety

If I am able to wire the T2000 in the basement with a G-wire for fan control, would I then be able to use remote temp sensors upstairs where it is warmer? And would there be any kind of remote or secondary thermostat I could use upstairs? Would the GC3 secondary panel work for this when it comes out?

This is an interesting idea, but there are a few caveats:

As a Z-wave device you would need to make sure the Tstat can communicate with the main panel. Placing it in the basement may require a couple more repeating devices to ensure communication is solid.

The big one though is the RTS is not officially supported by the GC3 yet. We do not have an ETA when that will occur, and temp averaging has not been successful in other cases.

We do not have specific details related to the secondary keypads as far as what they will definitively be able to control, but it sounds like the first would not be able to, but the second would.

The first released is supposedly only arm/disarm, rather simple controls.

The second is more or less identical in capability to the main panel.

acheslow
    Participant

Another option recommended on an HVAC forum is to use a FAST-STAT model 3000 to add G and C wires at the thermostat.

http://fast-stat.net/

It seems like this should work. Would you be able to check with ADC to see if they know for sure whether it is or is not compatible with the T2000?

Thanks,
    Alan

Jason
    Jason
    Surety

Now that’s an interesting gadget. A third party device like this would not be supported by ADC, but yes, it looks like it should work for you and provide fan control, based on the documentation.

Let us know if you end up installing one. I’ve not used one of these myself.

acheslow
    Participant

I installed the FAST-STAT 3000 tonight and was able to add a G-wire and C-wire to the tstat using the existing wiring. As far as I can tell, everything is working great. I removed and re-added the tstat to my GC3, and it was recognized and configured through alarm.com. Everything seems to be working great now.

Thanks for all the help.

Alan

Jason
    Jason
    Surety

Great news! Thanks for the follow up. We’ll suggest that device for similar future issues.

acheslow
    Participant

I know I can setup scenes to control my tstat, and I know I can setup schedules and the smart away feature, but I don’t think either of those do exactly what I want. Is it possible to just setup a rule to control the tstat mode, set points, etc based on if the panel is armed away, armed stay, or disarmed? In my Rules section I am only able to automated my locks or security system. Should I be able to automate my tstat through a rule too?

Thanks,
    Alan

J.P.
    Participant

Yep, in the empower section under thermostats, there are rules you can set up for thermostat behavior based on arming status.

acheslow
    Participant

I’m not seeing those available. When I click on Empower > Thermostats I can see all of the controls for my thermostat, but when I click on Empower > Rules > Add a Rule, the only options listed under “Automate My” are “Locks” and “Security System”.

Thanks,
    Alan

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 39 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Log in or register here.

Value Proposition

Your home is your domain.
Connecting you with it is ours.

Learn about Surety whole home automation and security.

Just need cameras? Check out Surety 24/7 AI powered video.

Whether you’re a security system novice or a seasoned pro, everything we do is designed to make monitoring your Surety Home incredibly simple and enjoyable.

Guy Relaxing in Chair
New title
Five out of five star rating.

“Could not recommend enough. The service is excellent and the price is unbeatable. We switched from another company where we felt like we were being taken advantage of; but not with Surety! This has been the best move for home security.”

Melissa C. , Citrus Heights, CA , Yelp , 4/26/2018
Five out of five star rating.

“These people are unbelievably helpful and patient. I switched from another system and they really provided timely and helpful support. I had an existing system and they provided just what was needed.”

Steve K. , Facebook Review , 7/25/2017
View more
Plans

We offer plans to fit everybody’s needs.

Shop Plans

No products in the cart.