Help Forum

Switching From GHS

Support Switching From GHS

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

jagman
    Participant

I’ve read other threads on this topic so I think I understand what is expected of me. My 1 year extension with GHS expires at the end of the month so I’ve sent them in writing a request to move to month to month renewal. That will give me the flexibility to leave them them so want.

I have a Qolsys OG panel and an Alarm.com account (their equivalent of Gold) along with two thermostats, two MyQ garage door sensors, a ton of lights switches, outlets and wall worts connected via Zwave to the Qolsys panel and controlled by alarm.com.

When I choose to leave GHS and that’s officially done, I should be able to sign up with you, re-register my Qolsys control module with you and create a new alarm.com account. I of course would choose which monitoring services I want. With that I should be good to go, correct? I expect that since the system already works with alarm.com and has a cellular connection, all that should be compatible with your service. That assumes I keep my existing equipment.

I’m also strongly thinking about upgrading to the Q2 unit, swapping out my thermostats for the alarm.com thermostats (one upstairs and one downstairs)… and adding an extra remote thermostat to each floor… as well as adding a Skybell door bell plus the $3/mo Skybell service. Getting the Q2 control unit, the alarm.com thermostats and the Skybell door bell can all be done independent of each other, right? If I choose to upgrade to the Q2 control module, I’ll get 6 months of monitoring included for a value of just around $170, correct? Is that deal only for new customers?

I’ve installed and programmed almost all of the Zwave devices in the house so moving over should be a piece of cake for me.

Jason
    Jason
    Surety

With that I should be good to go, correct? I expect that since the system already works with alarm.com and has a cellular connection, all that should be compatible with your service. That assumes I keep my existing equipment.

Yes, as long as the prior Alarm.com account is cancelled the cellular communicator in the panel would be unregistered and ready for activation through Surety. We support all Alarm.com compatible systems.

I’m also strongly thinking about upgrading to the Q2 unit, swapping out my thermostats for the alarm.com thermostats (one upstairs and one downstairs)… and adding an extra remote thermostat to each floor… as well as adding a Skybell door bell plus the $3/mo Skybell service. Getting the Q2 control unit, the alarm.com thermostats and the Skybell door bell can all be done independent of each other, right? If I choose to upgrade to the Q2 control module, I’ll get 6 months of monitoring included for a value of just around $170, correct? Is that deal only for new customers?

Yep, you can add services and devices to your system as you go. Doorbell Camera service can be added at any time later, and device addition on the system is at your discretion.

If you purchase the IQ Panel 2+ through Surety here, yes you would receive the promotional free service trial. That deal can be extended to existing subscriptions as well, it just requires the IQ Panel 2+ be purchased from us of course.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Value Proposition

Your home is your domain.
Connecting you with it is ours.

Learn about Surety whole home automation and security.

Just need cameras? Check out Surety 24/7 AI powered video.

Whether you’re a security system novice or a seasoned pro, everything we do is designed to make monitoring your Surety Home incredibly simple and enjoyable.

Guy Relaxing in Chair
New title
Five out of five star rating.

“These people are unbelievably helpful and patient. I switched from another system and they really provided timely and helpful support. I had an existing system and they provided just what was needed.”

Steve K. , Facebook Review , 7/25/2017
Five out of five star rating.

“Just wanted to say that so far I am extremely happy with my decision to go with Surety… I have been reading these boards for a few days and I am INCREDIBLY IMPRESSED by the responsiveness… You guys are doing a fantastic job!”

gnadan , Surety Forum Review
View more
Plans

We offer plans to fit everybody’s needs.

Shop Plans

No products in the cart.