Help Forum

Suggestion – Yard Signs/Stickers

Support Suggestion – Yard Signs/Stickers

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    Ryan
    Ryan
    Surety

Hi, the new yard sign is shown on our Facebook page now. I hope you like it, but if you don’t we would be happy to send you the old suretyCAM signs instead. Just let us know if you decide to sign up.

Market testing showed that the majority of people do not want a scary looking yard sign in their yard. In fact, to most people it’s a turn off. Of course, nothing is true about all people and there will certainly be some that would prefer a scary, intimidating-looking yard sign.

In addition to the dog face being reminiscent of a pit bull, the shield shape is intended to convey security. We wanted it to imply security without offending the majority who doesn’t want a threatening sign in their yard. I hope you at least agree it’s professional looking 😉

None Shall Pass
    Participant

Thanks for the reply Ryan, I’ll keep in mind the option.

Just to be clear, I agree that a hypothetical graphic of what looks like a rabid guard dog, or frankly anything that looks aggressive, is not what I would consider desirable in a residential neighborhood, or probably for your brand; although clearly some neighborhoods are rougher and others much more genteel, which might color peoples opinion on that. I assume the logo, sign etc is a done deal, so the following is probably an academic observation at this point, but I’ll make it anyway for feedback.

I think I get the modern vibe you were going for and to answer your query the sign looks professionally designed , but the more important characteristic to convey is a professional service you are providing, which is why people wanted DIY removed from the old signs. Perhaps a sign that just had “Protected by Surety” with “Protected by” in much larger font replacing the dog logo (or reducing it to be much smaller at the top) would communicate the most important aspect of your service for a householder … and send the most important message to the prospective burglar and potential customers.

The shield shape is fine but maybe too subtle to be picked up by many until perhaps after they read the sign. If your dog logo already had high brand recognition, and awareness of what it related to in the marketplace, then it might make sense to lead with it dominating the sign (think Nike swoosh graphic), but that isn’t the case (and it generally costs a great deal of money and time to establish such brands) which is another reason to emphasize what the service is about on the sign in my opinion.

Finally, I know how passionate and involved people in a company can be about logos and tag lines, been there done that with a multi-billion dollar tech company. A suggestion, take a step back and look at your sign with fresh eyes. What jumps out is the dog graphic and “surety” text. Does that immediately convey security, or something to do with dog care, or just not clear?

dinom
    Participant

Hmm, maybe it’s just me, but I’m having a hard time seeing a “dog” in that new graphic. It looks like the profile of a rhinoceros. Seriously, I’m not kidding, but my eyes might be playing tricks with the two-color scheme.

Ryan
    Ryan
    Surety

Drat! You’ve stumbled upon our secret formula. The combined protective power of a rhinoceros… and a little pit bull. 🙂

Michael
    Participant

Love the new sign over the old , Its more modern, unique and has the verbiage protected by. It represents the change the company is going for and doesn’t emphasize DIY for example I mean there is a company that has orange signs , that doesn’t look intimidating at all , and still millions of customers still place them in their yards. Great job on the Rebrand Some ppl may just have a hard time with change that’s all. Just my opinion 🙂 !!!

Ryan
    Ryan
    Surety

New yard signs and window stickers are available now! Go to your account page then Subscriptions, view your subscription and choose “Order Signs & Stickers”.

Michael
    Participant

Is there any way to get the original security signs that are displayed on the monitoring certificate? Although I do love the new signs and logo rebrand , unfortunately the lettering is not visible from street , even with a sign light ):
    Thank You

Jason
    Jason
    Surety

Is there any way to get the original security signs that are displayed on the monitoring certificate? Although I do love the new signs and logo rebrand , unfortunately the lettering is not visible from street , even with a sign light ):

There may be some available still, but they cannot be purchased normally, I have forwarded your question to our customer service team. They will reach out via email with any instruction soon!

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Log in or register here.

Value Proposition

Your home is your domain.
Connecting you with it is ours.

Learn about Surety whole home automation and security.

Just need cameras? Check out Surety 24/7 AI powered video.

Whether you’re a security system novice or a seasoned pro, everything we do is designed to make monitoring your Surety Home incredibly simple and enjoyable.

Guy Relaxing in Chair
New title
Five out of five star rating.

“Surety is amazing!… The service, pricing and most importantly documentation/guides/videos have all been phenomenal… I would highly recommend Surety if you are comfortable doing it yourself; you’ll be happy you did!”

Isaiah W. , Facebook Review , 1/09/2019
Five out of five star rating.

“I want to thank Surety for being so SIMPLE to setup… With Livewatch (Now Brinks) I had to call them for every single thing… then listen to sales pitch after sales pitch for new items. Surety, not a single call needed to be made… This is how a DIY service should be!!”

Devin S. , Surety Forum Review , 7/14/2019
View more
Plans

We offer plans to fit everybody’s needs.

Shop Plans

No products in the cart.