Steps for Switching to SuretyDIY

Hi, I have a few questions about switching my existing 2GIG panel over to SuretyDIY.

1. Will I lose my existing configuration in the 2GIG panel and/or Alarm.com account when I switch?

2. I have another system (at my office) that is already monitored by SuretyDIY, can I use the same account and have two systems or do I need two accounts, one for home and one for office? I have two logins to Alarm.com now and it works seamlessly to switch between in the app.

3. Once I cancel my current monitoring plan for my home system, I assume I just need to wait a bit until they release the cellular service from the module, then I can assign it to SuretyDIY? I found the link to check if it can be used by entering the serial number.

4. I currently have firmware 1.12 on my 2GIG system, do I need to purchase the cable and upgrade for any reason or can I stay where I am? If I need to upgrade, will that wipe out my configuration? I really don’t want to have to re-setup all the zones etc…

Thanks for your help!

Will I lose my existing configuration in the 2GIG panel and/or Alarm.com account when I switch?

Happy to help! The 2GIG local system programming would be unaffected (aside from template commands which default the installer code and unlocks system configuration if it is locked.

It would result in a new Alarm.com account though, so associated rules, notifications etc. would need to be recreated. All of your existing equipment would just be found and populated in the new Alarm.com account.

I have another system (at my office) that is already monitored by SuretyDIY, can I use the same account and have two systems or do I need two accounts, one for home and one for office? I have two logins to Alarm.com now and it works seamlessly to switch between in the app.

Each Alarm.com system requires its own subscription and Alarm.com account, along with unique login credentials. However, you can link them after the new one is created via Multi-System-Access so that you can access both with one login and swap between them within the website and app.

Once I cancel my current monitoring plan for my home system, I assume I just need to wait a bit until they release the cellular service from the module, then I can assign it to SuretyDIY? I found the link to check if it can be used by entering the serial number.

We cannot speak for the policies of other providers, but in general as soon as the Alarm.com account through the existing service provider is cancelled, the module will be unregistered and ready for activation. You may be able to schedule this cancellation with your existing provider.

I currently have firmware 1.12 on my 2GIG system, do I need to purchase the cable and upgrade for any reason or can I stay where I am? If I need to upgrade, will that wipe out my configuration? I really don’t want to have to re-setup all the zones etc…

There would be no pressing need to update, other than it is always good to keep firmware up to date. Firmware determines device compatibility and panel capabilities. If you switched modules to a new LTE module, you would need to update to 1.19.

Upgrading firmware does not affect local device programming, except in the case of trying to revert to previous older firmware from 1.14. (this is not a supported action) Normal firmware upgrades leave your sensors and Z-wave list unaffected.