Stacking sliding glass door - sensor?

I have a 16 foot, 4 panel, 4 track sliding glass door that I need a sensor for. The door opens from both sides and can stack all 4 panels on either side. The DW10 will work for the panel on the inside track because I can mount the sensor on the frame and the magnet on the door without them being in the way of any of the other panels. The challenge is with the other side where anything mounted on the inside face of the panel would interfere with the other panels stacking in front of it, and any sensors mounted on the track would need to be inside to be close enough to the panel to register. Has anyone encountered this issue and found a resolution?

Would it be possible to use a recessed door sensor in this case like the DW20R? That should help avoid getting in the way of stacking if I am picturing this correctly.

I’m worried about drilling into the metal frame. I guess it can be done; has anyone done this successfully with a sliding glass door?

I have not done this personally.

You’ll want to measure the door to check clearance for the DW20R magnet so it has enough space to sit flush in the door but not to the point where you drill in and hit the glass.

From the manual DW20R magnet dimensions are 0.5 x 0.75 in and the sensor is 2.57 x 0.75 in.

How far away from the multi-slider is the panel?

Do you know if the frame is metal, and if so what type, wood, or vinyl, etc? Is the frame hollow?

While I have not used this sensor personally, the Ion Micra recessed may be a good fit due to its low profile. Mind the 7 in external antenna which would require a hollow space for the antenna to sit. More information can be found here.

Thanks, Tyler. That slim sensor might work.

The frame is metal, and I’ve been worried about drilling into it.