Shock Sensor VS Window Sensor + Glass Break and maybe MOTION detectors

So currently I have window sensors on all my windows on the first floor. I have been trying to get combo Shock Sensors/open to replace them and it has been a total pain in the butt. I was trying to do the shock sensors because my windows have curtains and blinds on them, and I am worried that if I go with window sensors + glass break sensors, that the curtains/blinds will muffle the breaking glass.

Also, the few shock sensors I have found are typically 6" long and are enormous. They would look horrible on the windows.

Is my concern about this curtains/blinds muffling the glass break being too cautious? Are glass break sensors good enough to detect glass breaking behind blinds/curtains?

I could go with window sensors + glass break + motion detectors I guess…

Any thoughts or advice would be greatly appreciated!

-G

Happy to help! Some additional information on the subject can be found here on our forum.

Local testing would be required in order to determine the efficacy of a Glass break sensor with window treatments.

An alternate option would be a Window contact with a shock sensor, as detailed in the previous link. This video here offers some guidance on creating a combined shock sensor should you choose. In the video we used a Resolution Products RE201 sensor and an Interlogix 5150W wired piezo shock sensor. However, the door window contact model would change depending on panel compatibility. This would also be on a per window basis, where as a glassbreak sensor can cover more than one window, depending on installation and range.