Help Forum

Sensors Offline

Support Sensors Offline

Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    Jason
    Jason
    Surety

Is it typical to have this reporting delay, or could it have something to do with the underlying issue of what’s causing camera to go offline?
    The same issue continues wherein the live feed comes up, and then goes to white screen to ‘retry’ not every time, but most of the time.

Dismissing the error above would not resolve any underlying intermittent issue, so fluctuating wifi signaling is likely still the cause.

Have you power cycled the router per suggestion earlier in the thread? Just want to be sure because I don’t see confirmation of that, and a reboot of the router is a resolution to various network issues.

Everett
    Participant

Confirming reboot of router. Interestingly, the signal from the camera closest to the router (front) signal level was decreased upon doing so. Whereas, the rear increased percentage. Router will be rebooted again to see if there’s any further difference.

Additionally, the live feed duration of the earlier camera models, V721 time out in approximately three minutes, whereas the newer model V722 does not time out. Is there a setting available to extent duration of view with 721 models?

Jason
    Jason
    Surety

Additionally, the live feed duration of the earlier camera models, V721 time out in approximately three minutes, whereas the newer model V722 does not time out. Is there a setting available to extent duration of view with 721 models?

The 3 minute time-out is normal. There is no setting in the camera or ADC account to change that time-out, but setting up Port Forwarding for the camera is a work-around.

To Port forward, first your camera will need a static IP address:

• Click Video.
    • Click Settings.
    • Use the Video Device dropdown menu to select the desired video device.
    • Click Video Device Info.
    • Click Advanced Network Setup and Testing.
    • Click to select Use Fixed IP Address.
    • Enter the desired IP Address and your network details
    • If Primary DNS does not populate automatically, use Google’s primary DNS, 8.8.8.8.
    • Secondary DNS. Use Google’s secondary DNS, which is 8.8.4.4.
    • Click Save.

Then you can use the IP address you just set for the camera and go into your router to forward its ports (listed in the network details) to the camera IP. Instructions for this would be based on your router and should be found in your router manual.

Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Log in or register here.

Value Proposition

Your home is your domain.
Connecting you with it is ours.

Learn about Surety whole home automation and security.

Just need cameras? Check out Surety 24/7 AI powered video.

Whether you’re a security system novice or a seasoned pro, everything we do is designed to make monitoring your Surety Home incredibly simple and enjoyable.

Guy Relaxing in Chair
New title
Five out of five star rating.

“These guys know what they are talking about. They were able to answer all of my questions and help me design a great, affordable home security/automation system. They’ve been just as helpful even after the sale in answering any of my questions.”

Nick A. , Columbus, OH , Google Review
Five out of five star rating.

“These people are unbelievably helpful and patient. I switched from another system and they really provided timely and helpful support. I had an existing system and they provided just what was needed.”

Steve K. , Facebook Review , 7/25/2017
View more
Plans

We offer plans to fit everybody’s needs.

Shop Plans

No products in the cart.