Sensor Types in Alarm.com

The sensor types in Alarm .com do not seem to match up with what is actually in place.

My Front Garage Door is listed as type “twice extended delay door”, it is actually set to delay #2 value in panel.

My Laundry to garage door is listed as “motion”, it is actually a type 04, interior follower. (This is an interior door)

My front door is listed as Door/Window, it is a actually an entry exit with delay value set to #1 value.

It seems as if Alarm.com is mixing the actual type of sensor, be it motion, contact, etc. with the function it is performing or characteristics assigned to it.

The sensor types shown in the user sensor list will be just general descriptions.

Interior followers are more commonly motion, and the panel defaults to motion when programming a zone as type 4. You can then specify it is a contact. It looks like the laundry to garage door was set as motion previously rather than contact in the panel. After requesting an updated equipment list, it looks like this is now matched up and should now show in your sensor list as Door/Window.

Entry Exit 1 contacts will show as Door/Window.

Entry Exit 2 is commonly used as an extended delay (Its default value actually) and the description is not going off the specific delay time you have programmed.