Sensor DL ID Should be of the form XXX-XXXX

I’ve got my Surety / Alarm account setup, however I am having a heck of a time getting my Qolsys IQ DW Mini (QS1135-840) 319.5MHz door sensors added to my Qolsys 2 panel.

UPDATE: It turns out we mistakenly got the Qolsys IQ Panel 2 with 345MHz not 319.5MHz. Shop carefully my friends!

So if I put the panel into Auto Add Sensor under Security Sensors, then it randomly finds my old alarm equipment but of course there is no way to tell which sensor is which. I’ve tried deleting all my devices and following the YouTube videos on pulling apart the sensor and magnet within 120 seconds while on Auto Add Sensor and nothing happens.

Then I tried to manually Add Sensor but I’ve now hit a brick wall. All my devices have 6 digit alphanumeric codes on them and the user manual for the Qolsys Panel 2 says that’s what I’m supposed to use, but when I try that, I get this baffling error message:

“Sensor DL ID Should be of the form XXX-XXXX where X can be numeric digit and the range should be from 000-0000 to 104-8575.”

UPDATE: So I have found in the v2.3.1 user manual for the IQ Panel 2 that this security panel can only have one ‘RF daughter card’ installed. Apparently I have the SRF-345 daughter card which only works with 345MHz sensors not the 319.5MHz sensors I have. “IQ Panel 2+ supports PowerG along with ONE “legacy” frequency (319.5 MHz, 345 MHz, or 433 MHz) depending on which RF daughter card is pre-installed.” This still doesn’t explain or clarify the error message.

So I have found in the v2.3.1 user manual for the IQ Panel 2 that this security panel can only have one ‘RF daughter card’ installed. Apparently I have the SRF-345 daughter card which only works with 345MHz sensors not the 319.5MHz sensors I have. “IQ Panel 2+ supports PowerG along with ONE “legacy” frequency (319.5 MHz, 345 MHz, or 433 MHz) depending on which RF daughter card is pre-installed.” This still doesn’t explain or clarify the error message.

This is actually why you would be having trouble and why the message is telling you it is a seven digit TXID.

All 345mhz (Honeywell/2GIG rf) sensors have a seven digit TXID. All 319.5mhz sensors have a 6 digit hexidecimal one. The panel is expecting a TXID matching the xxx-xxxx case.

For the panel you have, you would need 345mhz sensors or Power G sensors. All versions of the IQ Panel 2+ support Power G sensors.

The 2GIG DW10-345 would be an analogous 345mhz door/window sensor.