Help Forum

Schlage Connect BE469 door locks functional with ADC but no Access Codes work

Support Schlage Connect BE469 door locks functional with ADC but no Access Codes work

Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Author

tarek.elmohamad
    Participant

Thanks for the update! Yes, you are spot-on – creating a secondary login allows me to see the interface I am used to, including additional controls and push devices. As you stated, even from this view it still will not allow me to enter >4 digits, though everything else appears as expected.

Looking forward to hearing back as to an ETA for a fix or workaround.. Thank you very much for your attention with this!

Jason
    Jason
    Surety

Unfortunately I’ve heard word from ADC that this is a specific limitation with Schlage locks due to their built in code limitations. Schlage locks must be set to receive a specific length of code rather than accepting up to a certain size, and sending any other length through Alarm.com has caused numerous syncing problems in the past.

ADC has purposefully removed the ability to send longer codes to Schlage locks because of this. Only 4 digit codes can be supported at this time.

Longer codes are still supported on other manufacturer models.

tarek.elmohamad
    Participant

Thanks, Jason. That is unfortunate, as the Schlage locks have a reputation for superior [physical] security, so it’s less than ideal to force a restriction to use shorter user code. Schlage locks can be configured locally for codes of any length between 4 and 8. I’ve only ever used 8-digit codes with my old Schlage locks with my old provider and have never had a problem, but I understand that there must be an issue there somewhere.

At any rate, I understand that this situation is what it is (hopefully it is temporary??). I can confirm that everything appears to be working if I were to reconfigure for 4-digit codes.

Thanks for your help and insight, it is genuinely appreciated!

Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Value Proposition

Your home is your domain.
Connecting you with it is ours.

Learn about Surety whole home automation and security.

Just need cameras? Check out Surety 24/7 AI powered video.

Whether you’re a security system novice or a seasoned pro, everything we do is designed to make monitoring your Surety Home incredibly simple and enjoyable.

Guy Relaxing in Chair
New title
Five out of five star rating.

“These guys know what they are talking about. They were able to answer all of my questions and help me design a great, affordable home security/automation system. They’ve been just as helpful even after the sale in answering any of my questions.”

Nick A. , Columbus, OH , Google Review
Five out of five star rating.

“I was able to setup my whole home security system in an afternoon. It’s worked great ever since… I installed my system over a year ago, and Surety has stood the test of time. I would highly recommend them to friends and family.”

Dallas L. , Austin, TX , Yelp , 12/03/2014
View more
Plans

We offer plans to fit everybody’s needs.

Shop Plans

No products in the cart.