Help Forum

Ring Doorbell

Support Ring Doorbell

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Winfred
    Participant

Is ‘ring doorbell’ compatible with alarm.com app?

Jason
    Jason
    Surety

No, the Skybell HD and Skybell HD Slim Line doorbells are compatible with Alarm.com video service.

Curtis
    Participant

Can the HD Slim Line Doorbells be fit with an angel doorbell mount? My doorbell is setup in an usual placement.

Ryan
    Ryan
    Surety

There is this wedge mount. Would that help with your situation?

If you have a unique setup it may help if you attach a pic so we can see what you’re dealing with.

Ryan
    Ryan
    Surety

If the wedge mount looks like it would work I recommend that. It’s made specifically for the Alarm.com Slimline Skybell.

f22g
    Participant

I have the Alarm.com Skybell and the quality seems to be less than desirable. It fails to notify alerts until long after the doorbell rings, and quality works intermittently. I had Viviny door bell before going to Surety and I had zero issues with my doorbell. I must day I miss the doorbell working properly. I wonder if moving to the Skybell slim will work any better than the crap I have currently.

Jason
    Jason
    Surety

I wonder if moving to the Skybell slim will work any better than the crap I have currently.

The short answer here would be maybe. It will all depend on the network it is attached to.

The original Skybell HD does have more demanding network requirements and requires better bandwidth and signal quality than the newer Slim Line. That was a purposeful improvement in the Slim Line. In general, if the issue is borderline wifi signaling you may see better performance from a Slim Line. If the signal is very weak all the time though, it may not make enough of a difference and networking solutions would be better.

In this circumstance the recent wireless signal quality history is very consistently low compared to what is required. For the Skybell HD nothing under 90% quality will typically work well. The signal quality listed in your history fluctuates between 75% and 84%. Unfortunately this is indicative of why your reported errors are occurring and would likely have some impact on a Slim Line as well.

If you have one available, a closer wifi access point for the Skybell HD would be a good troubleshooting step to see if a consistently higher quality can be achieved. You can also try lowering the HD’s resolution settings, but this has had minor impact in the past compared to network adjustments.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

Tagged: , ,

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Log in or register here.

Value Proposition

Your home is your domain.
Connecting you with it is ours.

Learn about Surety whole home automation and security.

Just need cameras? Check out Surety 24/7 AI powered video.

Whether you’re a security system novice or a seasoned pro, everything we do is designed to make monitoring your Surety Home incredibly simple and enjoyable.

Guy Relaxing in Chair
New title
Five out of five star rating.

“Could not recommend enough. The service is excellent and the price is unbeatable. We switched from another company where we felt like we were being taken advantage of; but not with Surety! This has been the best move for home security.”

Melissa C. , Citrus Heights, CA , Yelp , 4/26/2018
Five out of five star rating.

“(They) are very quick to reply with thorough, knowledgeable, complete and helpful answers… I really can’t say enough about how impressive they are…. I am a huge fan and would highly recommend…”

G.N. , Westfield, NJ , Yelp , 7/03/2018
View more
Plans

We offer plans to fit everybody’s needs.

Shop Plans

No products in the cart.