Replacement or external speaker for IQ Panel

Original IQ Panel, the sound is no longer working.

The siren will sound but not any of the chimes or arming/disarming sounds. Assuming 2 Way is included with that as well.

1)I have verified that the volume is up all the way - is there another setting I am missing? I have completely restarted and power cycled the panel as well.

2)Can you hook up an external speaker to the device.

1. Is the speaker replaceable?

4)If I am not able to resolve this - Does the newest IQ Panel work with all the original sensors? Really hope it does because I dont want to have to spend the $$ :frowning:

1)I have verified that the volume is up all the way – is there another setting I am missing? I have completely restarted and power cycled the panel as well.

Under System Settings > Sounds there are a list of check boxes to enable and disable certain vocalizations and chimes. Scroll down to ensure that all are checked.

2)Can you hook up an external speaker to the device.

No, only sirens, so you wouldn’t have announcements.

3) Is the speaker replaceable?

Technically yes, the speaker I believe is plugged into the board, so if you are able to source a replacement you might be able to open the panel casing and replace. We do not have original Qolsys panel parts available, unfortunately, but you might be able to find parts panels on ebay, etc.

4)If I am not able to resolve this – Does the newest IQ Panel work with all the original sensors? Really hope it does because I dont want to have to spend the $$

Yes, the IQ Panel 2+ sold through Surety will work with 319.5 sensors. (It also includes 6 months of free service trial which can be applied to your existing subscription should you choose to upgrade.) There are various versions of the IQ Panel 2+ with different sensor radios. Be sure to get the GE 319.5 version if you purchase elsewhere.

The panel will not work with original IQ panel secondary touchscreens or Image Sensors.

Thank you Jason, you always provide awesome and detailed responses.

I double checked under system settings>Sounds.

I am going to try and find a replacement speaker first before dropping the money on new panel.

Thanks, again!

IMO if you have siren then there is nothing wrong with the speaker. Just guessing but if there are NO “sounds” (except siren) then the “sound chip” is dead.

Pitzerwm

The only sound I have is the siren - I believe there are two audible devices in the unit. I believe there is a speaker for announcements, 2way, chimes, etc. Then there is the siren.

Do you have reason to believe this is incorrect?

I don’t actually have my IQ equipment yet, but experienced in the industry. Most use one speaker for everything, it’s controlled/used by the chip that sends the signal/audio to the speaker. If you look at a utube video on installing the panels, I only see one speaker/noise maker.

I don’t actually have my IQ equipment yet, but experienced in the industry. Most use one speaker for everything, it’s controlled/used by the chip that sends the signal/audio to the speaker. If you look at a utube video on installing the panels, I only see one speaker/noise maker.

No, the IQ Panel has a speaker for announcements and other system sounds and a separate siren. The speaker which handles announcements and chimes is on the left side of the panel.