Remove Z-Wave from SEM and Smartthings integration

We bought a Smartthings hub and are trying to move over our existing switches from the SEM to the Smartthings hub. Unfortunately one of the switches doesn’t seem to exclude from the SEM network using the manual exclude method. Can you help us run an exclude on the device labeled XXXXXX?

Also, once we have all the switches moved over to the Smartthings hub, is there a way to add the SEM to Smartthings as a secondary controller?

Can you help us run an exclude on the device labeled XXXXXX?

We would be happy to assist! We’ve sent a command for the switch you re referencing, but note that remote deletion commands for Z-wave devices will only be successful if the device is powered off and can no longer communicate with the Z-wave network. If it is still powered and communicating it can only be removed locally.

Also, once we have all the switches moved over to the Smartthings hub, is there a way to add the SEM to Smartthings as a secondary controller?

There is no official support for this kind of integration for the SEM, though it is the same as the Concord in terms of Z-wave controller I believe, so you might have limited success depending on the devices you are using. We have had reports of success with linking the Concord with Smartthings.

Pairing would be the standard steps to pair a device on the SEM, Smartthings may have controller specific steps.

Darn, it didn’t work as the switch is still powered and on the network. Numerous attempts to exclude the switch manually have failed. I read somewhere that some of the devices cannot be excluded if they are connected to a repeater and not directly connected to the controller. I think this switch may be repeated by the other remaining switch in our system.
I just tried to manually reset the switch but it didn’t work. I’ll try to do it again in a bit and then ask you to try to force exclude the device if it works.

Distance can often cause a problem when attempting to remove Z-Wave devices. How far away is this device from the SEM? Whether or not it uses a repeater would not cause a problem, just the distance.

If you already have the Smartthings hub, you can remove the Z-Wave device using the Smartthings hub instructions to remove or clear device

It’s quite far (~50 ft) but it works fine through another repeating switch.
I have removed the repeating switch and tried to manually reset the switch.
Can you send commands to perform another force exclude on the device?

Commands have been sent to remove the requested device. Please allow about five minutes for commands to take effect.