Remove MyQ from alarm.com

I am upgrading my MyQ Gateway to MyQ Bridge, and read on another post the only way to disassociate your current MyQ configuration is via the dealer panel. Can you please remove my current association so that I can re-associate with the new Bridge?

Also, it looks as if the alarm.com integration is now an option with a regular Chamberlain/Liftmaster account vs an entire alarm.com takeover with a custom account, which doesn’t allow you to use other integrations, the MyQ App, Amazon Key, or other integrations. Is that correct, or does alarm.com still require a full takeover?

I’ve sent a command to remove the current Gateway so you can set up the new one.

As far as I am aware and can see via the current process there have been no changes to MyQ integration. You will still use the serial number to register the gateway through Alarm.com.

If you don’t mind, where are you seeing information regarding linking an existing MyQ account, etc.? It might be something upcoming.

Hi there, was this successful in the end? I’d like to integrate my garage myQ Hub with Alarm.com to simplify my app views and automation, but I’ve also heard the same thing about it disconnecting from the native myQ app (and other integrations)

I’d love to see/control the garage from Alarm.com, but still keep Amazon Key for deliveries. Can anyone confirm if there’s a setup like this that works? Or does connecting to alarm.com kill Amazon Key?

MyQ Hub/Gateway can only be linked to either the native MyQ app -or- the Alarm.com account. Not both.

Amazon Key is not available through Alarm.com.

Thanks for confirming, but it’s also super disappointing. Not sure why Nest can have shared API for the Nest App + Google Home + Alarm.com, but myQ only supports one or the other (with the lack of Amazon Key a significant disadvantage). Guess I’ll just keep my multi-app ecosystem for now, and hope that they add this in the future.

Hello, saw this earlier when I was researching. I have a myq gateway with adc. I went through the process of downloading the myq app and tried to setup an account with the same email Im using with Surety and it said I had one. Used the forgot password and when I got in it shows my gateway labeled adc xxxx there. Sure enough it works with the Myq app and Adc app. Guess they got it working lol, now I can start using the Amazon Key.

Was anyone else able to get this set up? I had previously connected my device via the myQ account before adding it to alarm.com. Unfortunately I can’t log into myQ with my alarm.com credentials and get it to work.