Remote firmware update

Are you able to push new firmware out to my system? With my last provider and GC2 I was able to do this. Not sure if GC3 is capable or if it has to be usb.

We would recommend updating firmware locally over OTA and GC3 updates are done very easily via USB. Steps are as follows:

• Download the firmware update file through the link below. 3.2 is the most recent for the GC3

• Save the firmware file to the root directory of a USB flash drive. Make sure there are no other files/folders on the USB.

• Note: The USB flash drive must have only one partition

• Plug the USB flash drive into the USB port on the top of the GC3 panel. You will see a notice that
    there is a new firmware to install. Select Update

• Enter the Installer code or Master code.

• The GC3 will install the update and restart

You can find firmware update files here.

If looking to do OTA, upgrades via OTA can take anywhere from 3 to 12 hours to complete. During this time, your panel will continue to function normally but it should not be power cycled nor should programming mode be entered. Doing so can cause damage your system!

Updates via OTA incur a $10.00 data charge unless sent over broadband (Dual path must be enabled) Should you wish to proceed with an OTA, please let us know. Commands can be sent during normal business hours.

I do have wifi turned on and activated, Due to schedules I just never find the time to update. Could you push OTA? with my GC2 I had the broadband adapter with the GC3 the wifi is equivalent correct? Just dont want to pay 10$ for something simple to do.

Yes communication via wifi is broadband/allows for dual path and records indicate that your panel is currently communicating via broadband so the OTA would not incur a data charge. The OTA has been pushed to your panel at this time. Please allow 3-12 hours for the process to complete. As stated previously, your panel will continue to function normally but it should not be power cycled nor should programming mode be entered. Doing so can cause damage your system.

Additionally, there will be no notification that the panel has updated, save for a reboot at the end of the process, however, you can check your panel’s firmware version via the System Info button to confirm.

Already updated…Thank you for your help!

Fantastic, Happy to assist!