Questiosn Regarding the Qolsys IQ Panel 2 Plus

Looking to purchase the Qolsys IQP2+ (plus 6/mo free monitoring trial) listed on your website.
Some questions:

1. Is the power supply/transformer included with this purchase? I have already installed a power wire (over 10ft) from the panel mount to the power outlet so will be using wired terminations at each end).

2. Is this unit compatible with both PowerG, Qolsys S-Line sensors, and Z-wave products as-is or are there additional internal cards to purchase to get this functionality? I’m looking to do a mix of both sensor types. Can both sensor types be monitored on this unit by Alarm.com if monitoring service connected?

3. Is the extra security provided by PowerG mean that all sensors have to be PowerG? I.e., will using S-Line sensors compromise the entire system (provide a “way in”) or is only the individual sensor compromised in this case?

4. Does using PowerG sensors slow or increase sensor trip response time?

5. Do you have a cellular detector site I can use to determine carrier for cell communicator? Zipcode is 98112. Have tried others and they say AT&T won’t work but Verizon will. I have AT&T phone service and signal is fine.

6. Since most PowerG sensors appear to come from dealers that rep DSC, I assume any PowerG compatible sensor I purchase elsewhere can be paired with this unit?

Welcome to the forum, happy to help!

1. Is the power supply/transformer included with this purchase? I have already installed a power wire (over 10ft) from the panel mount to the power outlet so will be using wired terminations at each end).

The Qolsys IQ Panel 2 Plus (IQP2+) includes a power supply with barrel connector plug, however you can remove the wire from the transformer. Be sure to use the included transformer for power.

2. Is this unit compatible with both PowerG, Qolsys S-Line sensors, and Z-wave products as-is or are there additional internal cards to purchase to get this functionality? I’m looking to do a mix of both sensor types. Can both sensor types be monitored on this unit by Alarm.com if monitoring service connected?

The IQP2+ offered through Surety is the QS9201-1208-840 version. This includes the 319.5 MHz radio with S-Line, PowerG and Z-Wave plus radios. This is the Verizon LTE version. Both PowerG and S-line can be utilized.

3. Is the extra security provided by PowerG mean that all sensors have to be PowerG? I.e., will using S-Line sensors compromise the entire system (provide a “way in”) or is only the individual sensor compromised in this case?

No, you can mix PowerG with S-line. Only PowerG sensor will get the benefit of spread spectrum technology (as well as increased communication distance). However, both sensor types are encrypted.

4. Does using PowerG sensors slow or increase sensor trip response time?

No. Difference in response time would be imperceptible.

5. Do you have a cellular detector site I can use to determine carrier for cell communicator? Zipcode is 98112. Have tried others and they say AT&T won’t work but Verizon will. I have AT&T phone service and signal is fine.

Here you can find a coverage check tool. Additionally, cell phone coverage vs machine to machine is not necessarily one for one.

However, the IQP2+ sold through Surety would be the Verizon LTE version.

6. Since most PowerG sensors appear to come from dealers that rep DSC, I assume any PowerG compatible sensor I purchase elsewhere can be paired with this unit?

PowerG sensors are DSC. The IQP2+ has a PowerG radio allowing it to utilize PowerG sensors. A list of compatible devices can be found here. Its worth noting that not every device would be Alarm.com compatible.