Questions regarding service through suretyDIY and SkyBell

– You offer a DIY solution for the ADC format.Is everything on your website compatible with ADC systems?

– Do any off the shelf automation products work with the ADC app? Or do they all need to be a ADC version of that product similar to the Sky Bell ADC version? So if I eventually buy an automated light switch at Lowes will it tie in or not?

– Does Samsung Smart Things Hub and whole home internet work with the ADC products? Or do you need an ADC smart hub only.

– Does everything tie well into Amazon Alexa? Including Echo Show (will the doorbell view on both the alarm HMI and the Echo Show)?

– Is there a cost effective monthly fee to try out the ADC video doorbell on the ADC app or do you have to launch with a full alarm monitoring package? Basically I don’t want to invest in a full system if the basics don’t even work. Not being allowed to test it out comes across as a big warning signal.

– As best I can tell by reading the ADC monitoring packages, none include the doorbell and it’s an add on fee per month (think I saw $3 or $5 add-on per month add-on). Is this correct? If so can you just purchase that single offering to test out the ADC bell? I find it odd they only accept a ADC bell but don’t include the monitoring of it in the basic alarm monitoring fees. Can you explain? Package includes 4 cameras and the door bell is basically a camera isn’t it?

– I assume a person can start with a minimal alarm package (HMI a few door/window sensors and a motion sensor) and add on more bits along the way.

– I assume you can support a DYI customer on a ADC package in any region (US)? As in does your agreement with ADC preclude you from offering and supporting a DIY package in a city that has no DIY offering available locally.

– Do you do a better job at support than ADC does? I sent them a message asking questions over a week ago and they’ve never responded. I assume because they use dealers to market their product but not sure. So far not overly impressed with ADC so need to understand what makes them a viable vendor.

Hello and welcome to the forum!

Service through suretyDIY (and Alarm.com) would require an Alarm.com compatible panel as well as an unregistered, Alarm.com compatible cellular module.

This page here covers how our service works.

Additionally, a demo of the Alarm.com interface can be found toward the top of this page on the right hand side.

You offer a DIY solution for the ADC format. Is everything on your website compatible with ADC systems?

Yes that is correct. We are a do it yourself, Alarm.com services provider. We offer service and support for Alarm.com compatible products. Products available through the suretyDIY storefront would be Alarm.com compatible. Panel compatibility for the sensors we sell can be filtered using the compatibility filters on the right side of store pages.

You can purchase compatible equipment from any vendor and use it with service through suretyDIY. You are under no obligation to only purchase from us.

– Do any off the shelf automation products work with the ADC app? Or do they all need to be a ADC version of that product similar to the Sky Bell ADC version? So if I eventually buy an automated light switch at Lowes will it tie in or not?

For a list of devices generally compatible with the ADC platform, see this page here.

Compatible Z-Wave device types would typically include lights/switches, locks and thermostats. Some of these devices can be found at local hardware stores.
Z-Wave sensors such as door/window, motion and life safety would not be compatible. RF sensors would be required for those devices.

What automation devices did you have in mind?

– Does Samsung Smart Things Hub and whole home internet work with the ADC products? Or do you need an ADC smart hub only.

Depending on the panel you choose, this can be utilized as a secondary panel to the Smarthings Hub allowing for some additional integration. More on that topic here. As well as here

– Does everything tie well into Amazon Alexa? Including Echo Show (will the doorbell view on both the alarm HMI and the Echo Show)?

Alexa and Alarm.com can be integrated. Integration steps can be found here This thread also offers a wealth of information on the subject. Some interesting interactions regarding the Routines feature through Alexa can be found here.

Regarding the SkyBell video, this is viewable via Alarm.com and select panels (currently only the Qolsys IQ Panel 2) Integration through the Echo Show is not currently available.

– Is there a cost effective monthly fee to try out the ADC video doorbell on the ADC app or do you have to launch with a full alarm monitoring package? Basically I don’t want to invest in a full system if the basics don’t even work. Not being allowed to test it out comes across as a big warning signal. – As best I can tell by reading the ADC monitoring packages, none include the doorbell and it’s an add on fee per month (think I saw $3 or $5 add-on per month add-on). Is this correct? If so can you just purchase that single offering to test out the ADC bell? I find it odd they only accept a ADC bell but don’t include the monitoring of it in the basic alarm monitoring fees. Can you explain? Package includes 4 cameras and the door bell is basically a camera isn’t it?

Service features, pricing and add ons can be found here. There are two ways to add video to the Alarm.com monitoring plan through suretyDIY. First would be the SkyBell-Only Video add which allows for the use of 1 SkyBell doorbell camera and 400 cloud clips per month. The second would be the Cloud Video add on. This add on allows for the use of up to 4 ADC compatible cameras (including SkyBell) and 1,000 cloud clips per month.

However, it is possible to utilize just the SkyBell, without a monitoring service plan. This can be done via the Alarm.com Cloud Video stand alone service plan.

Note that currently, the SkyBell HD and SkyBell Slim are the only Alarm.com compatible doorbell cameras.

– I assume a person can start with a minimal alarm package (HMI a few door/window sensors and a motion sensor) and add on more bits along the way.

Through suretyDIY, you would have full access to your alarm panel including programming and installation. You could add and remove devices as you see fit. As service plans are offered on a month to month basis, your plan can be changed at any time.

– I assume you can support a DYI customer on a ADC package in any region (US)? As in does your agreement with ADC preclude you from offering and supporting a DIY package in a city that has no DIY offering available locally.

We offer monitoring service to anywhere in the United States.

– Do you do a better job at support than ADC does? I sent them a message asking questions over a week ago and they’ve never responded. I assume because they use dealers to market their product but not sure. So far not overly impressed with ADC so need to understand what makes them a viable vendor.

Technical support, as well as service questions, regarding Alarm.com would be handled by an Alarm.com dealer (such as suretyDIY)

Technical Support through Alarm.com directly is not typically available to end users.