Questions about switching to suretyDIY

Good evening,

I am currently a vivint customer. I want to make the switch. It is unclear what services I would need and total cost. Please provide a quote based on the following information.

Vivint wireless control panel
Automated front door keypad and lock
Doorbell with video camera
3 glass breaks
Back door and garage entry door sensor
1 motion sensor
6 window sensors

I would like to hook up outside cameras. I currently have arlo but I need better quality.

I would also like wireless control of my thermostat but was told we can’t switch to nest or similar because it has a humidity control function. Is this true?

I’m Looking for total equipment price switch and the monthly cost needed to operate what I have and what I want.

Thank you so much for your assistance.

I am currently a vivint customer. I want to make the switch. It is unclear what services I would need and total cost. Please provide a quote based on the following information.

Happy to help out! suretyDIY is a do-it-yourself Alarm.com services and monitoring provider. You can find general information on how our service works here.

What is required in order to get started would depend on the model of equipment at your location. A similar thread can be found here.

If you have the 2GIG Go!Control Panel, this page goes over everything you might need to get started, but ultimately you would just need a new module and service. We have a switch to DIY kit here with what you would need.

If you have a Sky Panel however, note the Sky Panel is not compatible with Alarm.com and would need to be replaced.

Unfortunately since you mention a doorbell video camera, I believe that would suggest the Sky Panel. If so, the doorbell camera is not compatible and would need replaced. Alarm.com supports the Skybell HD and Alarm.com Skybell Slim Line doorbell cameras.

If you have any questions on the model of alarm panel or other equipment, feel free to post a photo and we would be happy to help.

Z-wave devices like door locks would need to be removed from the Sky Panel prior to learning into a replacement panel. Alarm sensors should be 345 mhz and should be reusable with a 2GIG Go!Control or GC3 Panel.

I would like to hook up outside cameras. I currently have arlo but I need better quality.

Alarm.com compatible cameras are listed here. Alarm.com cloud video service is an optional add-on to service plans. You can view the included features and pricing of our service plans and add-ons here.

I would also like wireless control of my thermostat but was told we can’t switch to nest or similar because it has a humidity control function. Is this true?

We cannot speak to any policies or capabilities of a different service provider.

Nest thermostats can be paired with your Alarm.com account through suretyDIY on all Gold Interactive service accounts.

I’m Looking for total equipment price switch and the monthly cost needed to operate what I have and what I want.

All pricing through suretyDIY is flat, based on your included features and all service is month to month. In general to use interactive service plus automation devices you would want Gold Interactive.

Cloud Video service add-on is required for Doorbell camera/video camera cloud recording and live view. It can be added or removed at any time.

Equipment cost would be determined by whether or not you have an Alarm.com compatible panel currently. All products are sold a la carte on our storefront.

My apologies if you have already answered this in the past. My questions are on the Vivint Skycontrol panel and a system setting I found last time Vivint gives temporary access to add a device. My contract ended with Vivint last month and I no longer want to pay the $65 a month. Vivint did an update in the past that locked the toolbox, blocking access to the panels advanced settings. Is there a way I can transfer to a different alarm company? Now that I own the equipment, I should be able to do what I want. The next question was something I found last month when Vivint unlocked to panel toolbox for me, 24 hrs. There is a setting in the panel toolbox that stats “system unlock” and I can’t find anything on what exactly it unlocks. Last question, if I can’t use the Vivint Sky Panel can I replace it with a different panel that would allow me to just connect all my current sensors, locks, cameras and 2-gig devices to a new panel? I uploaded a picture of my panel as well.

Happy to help! Per the above response, the Sky Panel is proprietary and is not compatible with our service. We cannot provide technical support or advise for that panel model, it is not intended for use with any other providers afaik unfortunately.

Per above: the cameras would not be functional, only Alarm.com compatible models with Alarm.com firmware can be used with ADC Cloud Video.

Z-wave devices like door locks would need to be removed from the Sky Panel prior to learning into a replacement panel. Alarm sensors would depend on the model but most should be standard 345 mhz and should be reusable with a 2GIG Go!Control or GC3 Panel.