Question about transferring panel programming

I have an elaborate 2 GIG system that has (2) secondary Touch Screens and multiple sensors in a 3 story 5500 square foot house; including glass breaks, door sensors, window sensors, carbon monoxide, smoke detectors, (3) Thermostats, some automation lights, etc. The entire system was installed by a local security company and I do not have the Installer code. I do have users codes. They will not give me the installer code.

The existing panel has some weird lines on the touch screen display so I think the display is going bad anyhow. See attached pics

If I replace the entire 2 GIG main control panel is there anyway to pull all the programming data out of the original control panel so I don’t have to start from scratch reprogramming all the sensors and secondary keypads, etc?

Can I remove the original panel and send it to you and have you pull all the programming data out of it and load that into the new control panel?

The system was installed 4 or 5 years ago so it has an older cell modem that I need to change anyhow so I might as well get a complete brand new front end Control Panel with a brand new modem.

Will I have to upgrade the (2) secondary Touch Screens

Any advice?

Thanks

Happy to help out!

The entire system was installed by a local security company and I do not have the Installer code. I do have users codes. They will not give me the installer code.

General steps on how to obtain service through suretyDIY with a 2GIG panel, can be found here.

Service through suretyDIY can be found here and can be purchased with, or without, 24/7 central station monitoring. Pricing, features, and add ons can be found via the previous link. If remote control of Z-Wave devices is desired, the Gold Automation add on would be needed.

Once purchased, you will be prompted to fill out an informational order survey used to collect the necessary information in order to create your account through suretyDIY. Once your account has been processed commands would be sent to your panel to open programming and reset your installer code.

If I replace the entire 2 GIG main control panel is there anyway to pull all the programming data out of the original control panel so I don’t have to start from scratch reprogramming all the sensors and secondary keypads, etc?

We cannot access programming of any system without connecting it to service through suretyDIY first. The current 2GIG system would need to be connected to service through suretyDIY before we could perform a panel swap of any kind.

However, it is possible to transfer panel programming (Users, Settings and Sensor Programming) when swapping from one 2GIG GC2 panel to another GC2 panel. The 2GIG GC2 panel can be purchased here via our website.

You could also purchase the 2GIG GC3 panel.

If switching from a 2GIG GC2 panel to a GC3 panel only users and sensor programming could be transferred. The current panel would need to be the newer model of GC2 panel in order to be swapped to the GC3. Under the face buttons on your current panel, is the word “Emergency” printed on it or just symbols? If the panel is the newer panel, it will have symbols.

Image Sensors and Z-Wave device programming could not be transferred.

Can I remove the original panel and send it to you and have you pull all the programming data out of it and load that into the new control panel?

The backup and restore process must be done at the location once associated with a service plan through suretyDIY.

The system was installed 4 or 5 years ago so it has an older cell modem that I need to change anyhow so I might as well get a complete brand new front end Control Panel with a brand new modem.

We offer both the 3G AT&T cellular module as well as the 4G LTE Verizon Module for the GC2. If using the 4G LTE module, your panel would need to be at firmware 1.17 in order to be compatible.

Will I have to upgrade the (2) secondary Touch Screens

If swapping from one 2GIG GC2 panel to another, the 2GIG TS1 secondary panels would be fine. You will want to take the XCVR2 radio out of the existing main panel and place it in the new panel as this device is required for communication between the TS1 and the 2GIG GC2.

However, if you switch to the GC3 panel, the TS1 is not compatible. If secondary panels are desired, you would need to purchase new secondary panels, either the 2GIG SP1 or the 2GIG SP2.

Any advice?

When obtaining service through suretyDIY, please note, the CT100 Z-Wave thermostat is no longer compatible with Alarm.com and would not be able to be controlled remotely via Alarm.com once associated with any new Alarm.com account. For more information on the topic, please see this post.