Help Forum

Question about IQ LIGHTBULB (QZ2110-840)

Support Question about IQ LIGHTBULB (QZ2110-840)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

ALB
    Participant

Due to the layout of the house there is some difficulty in reaching a few door sensors so I was considering the IQ lightbulb. Two Questions:
    1. Does it only work as a repeater while lit?

2. Is it compatible with a Simon XT panel?

Thanks

Jason
    Jason
    Surety

Happy to help! To clarify, sensors on a Simon panel are not Z-wave. A Z-wave bulb does not boost or repeat sensor transmissions.

If you need to improve sensor communication you would need a sensor repeater like the RE524X.

Does it only work as a repeater while lit?

It does not need to be lit, just powered, to function as a Z-wave repeater. If you manually turn off power to the bulb via a switch, it would no longer function.

Is it compatible with a Simon XT panel?

Yes the bulb can work with the Simon XT provided you have a Z-wave capable Alarm.com module with appropriate firmware. On a Simon, all Z-wave functions are determined by the Alarm.com module.

ALB
    Participant

“Yes the bulb can work with the Simon XT provided you have a Z-wave capable Alarm.com module with appropriate firmware. On a Simon, all Z-wave functions are determined by the Alarm.com module.”

How do I make that determination?

Jason
    Jason
    Surety

The module firmware reported for your system is 183.a which would be sufficient. You can find this printed on the module sticker itself inside the panel (The X-183 number.)

In general, most standard bulbs and light switches will be compatible due to their simplicity.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Value Proposition

Your home is your domain.
Connecting you with it is ours.

Learn about Surety whole home automation and security.

Just need cameras? Check out Surety 24/7 AI powered video.

Whether you’re a security system novice or a seasoned pro, everything we do is designed to make monitoring your Surety Home incredibly simple and enjoyable.

Guy Relaxing in Chair
New title
Five out of five star rating.

“These people are unbelievably helpful and patient. I switched from another system and they really provided timely and helpful support. I had an existing system and they provided just what was needed.”

Steve K. , Facebook Review , 7/25/2017
Five out of five star rating.

“Surety is amazing!… The service, pricing and most importantly documentation/guides/videos have all been phenomenal… I would highly recommend Surety if you are comfortable doing it yourself; you’ll be happy you did!”

Isaiah W. , Facebook Review , 1/09/2019
View more
Plans

We offer plans to fit everybody’s needs.

Shop Plans

No products in the cart.