Qolsys Panel 2 Microphones

I want to buy Qolsys IQ Panel 2. If you have experience with it, please help me with a technical question.

I don’t like mounting a device with microphones in my hallway. Photos of the open panel show the microphones connected to the PCB by removable headers.

My alt plan is to get a panel with a basic remote keypad, but I prefer to get the Qolsys.

If the microphones are unplugged does it trigger an error? Does the panel stop working?

This will eliminate some feature capability requiring two-way audio, but it is possible to unplug without causing ongoing alerts.

See page 7 of the installation manual. Per Qolsys in the bottom row of 4 plugs side by side, the two middle plugs would be applicable to mic.

I will add the Alarm.com image sensor to use for intruder verification. I don’t want two-way audio.

but it is possible to unplug without causing ongoing alerts.

This is what I needed to know. Thank you.

I learned how to get the module number from Qolsys panel. Do you need anything else to activate?

Does the panel come with installer code?

I plan to get the starter kit. Do I have to get it from authorised distributor or can I get it from Amazon reseller? Do you have any trouble activating those?

Please confirm I undrestood your prices correctly:
$14.95 Base + $5 Gold Automation to have Image Sensor + $8 Central Monitoring = $27.95 total

I learned how to get the module number from Qolsys panel. Do you need anything else to activate?

Nope, you just need an Alarm.com compatible panel with an unregistered module. You can double check the module status with this tool.

Does the panel come with installer code?

Not sure what you mean. An installer code is always active on all panels. The default code, if it has not been changed, is 1111 on the IQ Panel 2. We couldn’t say whether any vendor would change the code prior to shipment, but likely not.

If you are unsure of the code, you can also request the installer code be defaulted by suretyDIY when you have an active subscription and your panel is connected.

I plan to get the starter kit. Do I have to get it from authorised distributor or can I get it from Amazon reseller? Do you have any trouble activating those?

You can purchase compatible equipment from any vendor and use it with our service. The caveat is of course it must be an unregistered panel (not tied to an existing active Alarm.com account).

I would recommend buying from a reputable source with a return policy always.

Please confirm I undrestood your prices correctly:

Yep, you are correct. The base level is necessary for all accounts, then you can add on Gold and Monitoring, etc. Service is month to month so you can edit your plan at any time.