Qolsys IQ Panel 2 Video Doorbell Integration

We are shopping for a new security system. After a bunch of reading, and looking around, the IQ Panel 2 looks like the best option. There are two items that I’m trying to figure out.

1. Are there any video doorbell’s that integrate with the panel. Example, someone approaches the door, rings the bell, you can see the image from the camera on the display of the panel?

2. I have a separate shop that I would like to have integrated (about 120 feet from the house). What is the range of a door/window contact sensor (shop would only need 1 sensor)? Assuming the range is too short for my application what options exist to extend that range? Also to note, there is no existing wiring or wire path between the house and shop, so using a hardwired sensor is not much of an option.

Thanks a ton for your assistance,

Dustin

Are there any video doorbell’s that integrate with the panel. Example, someone approaches the door, rings the bell, you can see the image from the camera on the display of the panel?

In this case no, in most cases fixed point-to-point communication like this won’t be the focus of manufacturers. The Alarm.com SkybellHD and Slim Line version do not pop up on a panel screen, they are sent to your smartphone and app so no matter where you are you get the alert and can communicate.

I have a separate shop that I would like to have integrated (about 120 feet from the house). What is the range of a door/window contact sensor (shop would only need 1 sensor)? Assuming the range is too short for my application what options exist to extend that range? Also to note, there is no existing wiring or wire path between the house and shop, so using a hardwired sensor is not much of an option.

Well, depending on the construction, if the door/wall is metal, and where the panel is located in the home, you might be able to get a sensor signal from that distance, but it is iffy at best. Typically I recommend using a sensor signal repeater if you need to go wireless. The signal repeater has a very large antenna and can be placed in a location to transmit at full strength to the panel from the sensor. Generally from experience, a repeater’s signals will travel a bit farther than a battery operated sensor. The RE524X is a good option to try. You could always try the wireless sensor alone first, then add a repeater if necessary.

As an update for this thread: You can in fact stream Alarm.com camera video on the IQ Panel 2 now, including the Skybell Doorbell Video Camera. See this thread for details on how to use this feature!