Qolsys IQ Hardwire 16 S Issues

DIY Home Security Forums Technical Support Qolsys IQ Hardwire 16 S Issues

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  luxfam 5 days, 10 hours ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

luxfam
    Participant

I installed the Qolsys IQ Hardwire 16 S and enrolled it and the attached wired sensors. Everything seemed to go fine, except I’m getting some strange warnings.

The IQ panel is saying the Hardwire Translator was Open and bypassed when arming the system. Also, it is showing a low battery? The transformer is plugged into an outlet. I attached a backup battery, but it was showing low battery even before I attached the backup battery.

Attached are picts.

Jason
    Jason
    Surety

Do you have a jumper wire between the tamper terminals on the HW16? It looks like the HW is reporting tamper as well.

Try fully powering down the HW16, attach a jumper wire between the tamper terminals, then plug in the battery, then plug in the transformer.

Afterward do a panel reboot. Any change?

luxfam
    Participant

That seemed to work. Thank you.

luxfam
    Participant

I’m having a new issue with a motion sensor wired to the Qolsys IQ Hardwire 16 S. About 10 minutes after I arm the system, the same motion sensor triggers an alarm. I just tested it again, and it triggered an alarm.

Jason
    Jason
    Surety

What model of wired detector do you have installed? Do you have any pets?

Are there any heating vents nearby the detector?

luxfam
    Participant

It’s a DSC (I believe LC-100-PI). I do have pets, but they are not in that area. No heating vents by the detector. This sensor has been in the same place for 10 years, without issues. It started when I used the IQ Hardwire 16 S, and moved away from my DSC hardwire system last week.

Jason
    Jason
    Surety

There are a couple things to consider if you are having a lot of false triggers on a wired sensor connected to the Hardwire 16.

First, the HW16 learns in the circuit’s resistance value when you are learning the zone, so if that changes after installation, you can get tamper issues and/or alarms.

If a loose wire is present, that may be resulting in an open zone intermittently. Double check the wiring at the sensor and at the hardwire 16.

Lastly, is this sensor looking at the panel itself? Or is there anything new in its environment?

luxfam
    Participant

It is not looking at the panel and there is nothing new in the environment. I’ll double check the wiring.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.