"Peek-in" next motion

Hello

With the new update, I can “peek-in now” on the IQ2 panel. However, the peek-in for “peek-in next motion” option is greyed out for me and I cannot use it. Any idea why?

Will this feature come to the IQ remote camera as well (now and next-motion)?

Thanks

With the new update, I can “peek-in now” on the IQ2 panel. However, the peek-in for “peek-in next motion” option is greyed out for me and I cannot use it. Any idea why?

The IQ Panel 2 camera does not have a built in PIR like an image sensor and wouldn’t be able to determine motion or proximity (except maybe by VMD). They do call out Peek-in next motion in the release notes though, so we’ll check with Qolsys to see if there is a way to set that up.

Will this feature come to the IQ remote camera as well (now and next-motion)?

I am not sure about that at this time, but we will check with Qolsys. Will update here when we hear back.

Hi. Wondering if you had an update on this feature. Thanks.

Yes! To use the panel peek-in next motion you can now enable the panel camera motion detector. This is done in panel settings:

Go to the home screen.
Tap Settings.
Tap Advanced Settings.
Tap Installation.
Tap Dealer Settings.
Tap Panel Motion Detector.
Enter the device properties.
Tap Save.

thanks, it works now!

So, when my system is armed, does this behave as a motion detector now? i.e. will it trigger an alarm if it detects motion or just take a picture?

So, when my system is armed, does this behave as a motion detector now? i.e. will it trigger an alarm if it detects motion or just take a picture?

It can be used as a notification and activity monitoring sensor, but no it does not operate as an alarm sensor.

It can only be set to sensor group 25 which is a non-alarm type. This can be used to drive rules and notifications in ADC.

The panel motion detector is not a PIR, it just uses the panel camera itself, and does not work in the dark.