Support Forum

"Peek-in" next motion

Support "Peek-in" next motion

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

xeon
    Participant

Hello

With the new update, I can “peek-in now” on the IQ2 panel. However, the peek-in for “peek-in next motion” option is greyed out for me and I cannot use it. Any idea why?

Will this feature come to the IQ remote camera as well (now and next-motion)?

Thanks

Jason
    Jason
    Surety

With the new update, I can “peek-in now” on the IQ2 panel. However, the peek-in for “peek-in next motion” option is greyed out for me and I cannot use it. Any idea why?

The IQ Panel 2 camera does not have a built in PIR like an image sensor and wouldn’t be able to determine motion or proximity (except maybe by VMD). They do call out Peek-in next motion in the release notes though, so we’ll check with Qolsys to see if there is a way to set that up.

Will this feature come to the IQ remote camera as well (now and next-motion)?

I am not sure about that at this time, but we will check with Qolsys. Will update here when we hear back.

xeon
    Participant

Hi. Wondering if you had an update on this feature. Thanks.

Jason
    Jason
    Surety

Yes! To use the panel peek-in next motion you can now enable the panel camera motion detector. This is done in panel settings:

Go to the home screen.
    Tap Settings.
    Tap Advanced Settings.
    Tap Installation.
    Tap Dealer Settings.
    Tap Panel Motion Detector.
    Enter the device properties.
    Tap Save.

xeon
    Participant

thanks, it works now!

So, when my system is armed, does this behave as a motion detector now? i.e. will it trigger an alarm if it detects motion or just take a picture?

Jason
    Jason
    Surety

So, when my system is armed, does this behave as a motion detector now? i.e. will it trigger an alarm if it detects motion or just take a picture?

It can be used as a notification and activity monitoring sensor, but no it does not operate as an alarm sensor.

It can only be set to sensor group 25 which is a non-alarm type. This can be used to drive rules and notifications in ADC.

The panel motion detector is not a PIR, it just uses the panel camera itself, and does not work in the dark.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Log in or register here.

Value Proposition

Your home is your domain.
Connecting you with it is ours.

Learn about Surety whole home automation and security.

Just need cameras? Check out Surety 24/7 AI powered video.

Whether you’re a security system novice or a seasoned pro, everything we do is designed to make monitoring your Surety Home incredibly simple and enjoyable.

Guy Relaxing in Chair
New title
Five out of five star rating.

“These guys know what they are talking about. They were able to answer all of my questions and help me design a great, affordable home security/automation system. They’ve been just as helpful even after the sale in answering any of my questions.”

Nick A. , Columbus, OH , Google Review
Five out of five star rating.

“I was able to setup my whole home security system in an afternoon. It’s worked great ever since… I installed my system over a year ago, and Surety has stood the test of time. I would highly recommend them to friends and family.”

Dallas L. , Austin, TX , Yelp , 12/03/2014
View more
Plans

We offer plans to fit everybody’s needs.

Shop Plans

No products in the cart.