panel swap

Hey guys - I purchased a Qolsys IQ2+ to replace my aging Simon Xti. I need to swap the panel and I also want to attempt to put it in Zwave secondary to my Vera. What’s the best order of operations for everything and what info from the new panel do you need to get it set up at Alarm.com?

Thanks!

You can make the IQP2+ the secondary either before or after swapping the module in your Alarm.com account. The order doesn’t really matter. Alarm.com should recognize the devices either way.

When you are ready to swap, please submit your request to our customer service team via the Secure Message Tool, for account verification purposes. Be sure to include your new panel’s Cellular module number in the message. This video will show you how to locate the necessary number. It is also printed on the box, typically following IMEI:

Note that the swap can only be initiated during normal business hours, Monday through Friday.

Thanks Tyler, any specific advanced settings I should ensure are set correctly for Alarm.com or central station monitoring? I noticed some things say they must be a certain way for UL, etc.

So long as the correct cellular module number is sent over via the secure message, that would be all we need. No local changes would need to be made at the panel. Communication settings are handled by the module and your Alarm.com dealer (us) no special settings need to be enabled.