Panel reporting low battery 2GIG

My panel keeps beeping with a low battery warning, what do I do?

Happy to help!

You can acknowledge the alert and silence the beeping via the main panel. From the home screen press security -> then the yellow triangle warning symbol -> followed by OK.

This will not be a permanent fix however. The alert will come back until the underlying cause (low battery) is resolved.

Have you had a power outage recently or has the transformer to the main panel become unplugged?
Is it possible that the internal battery became disconnected?

To troubleshoot, unplug the transformer then the internal battery. Wait about 30 seconds then plug in the battery and transformer. Any change? As stated, the internal battery can take up to 24 hours to charge.

Searching for topics on panel battery, I came upon this thread.
On the 2Gig panel, do I understand correctly that the battery is rechargeable?
I have a low battery indication, and thought it needed to be replaced.
There has been no recent power outage, and system is plugged into electric outlet.
Any suggestions on how to proceed?
Thanks.

On the 2Gig panel, do I understand correctly that the battery is rechargeable? I have a low battery indication, and thought it needed to be replaced.

Yes the battery in the 2GIG Panel is rechargeable. However, battery packs do lose their efficiency and ability to hold a charge over a period of time depending on usage patterns and may need to be replaced. If the battery remains low for an extended period while the panel is powered it may not be able to hold a charge properly. This is common with older batteries.

When was the panel installed? About how old is the battery?

We do not currently post batteries in our store, however they are available when necessary. If you are a Surety subscriber and need a replacement battery for a 2GIG panel, please reach out to customerservice@suretyhome.com and a representative will be happy to assist!

Thanks Jason for your reply. This is the original battery in the panel which I purchased from Surety. Are there any steps which I can take to check if indeed the battery needs replacement at this time?

You can try unplugging the battery then panel transformer from the wall outlet, wait two minutes, then plug the battery back in, followed by the transformer.

If the battery continues to report low and cannot charge, it would need to be replaced.