Outdoor nightvision camera trigger events

I have four Alarm.com NIght Vision (ADC-720W) cameras at the corners of my lakehouse and all four trigger a “movement” when they switch in and out of infrared/visible modes. I think I have tried all manner of settings at the device level, but think there is some program logic problem in interpretting this dramatic pixel change as “motion”.

Anyone else experience/solve this?

I spoke with Alarm.com and this is something they see occasionally, but isn’t something that should be occurring. According to the the tech I spoke with, there are a couple troubleshooting steps we can try.

The first is changing the IR Sensitivity settings to Low. You can do this by going to Video Device Settings -> Camera Image Settings -> Change IR sensitivity to low.

The second is by changing the exposure. You can do this by going to Video Device Settings -> Camera Image Settings -> Change exposure from Auto to 1/30.

They say that either or both of these changes should solve the issue. If it doesn’t let us know.

These settings worked well to reduce the triggering events at dusk and dawn. Unfortunately it also susbstantially reduces the image quality in infared.