No cellular bars on Verizon IQ Panel 2

I just swapped my Qolsys 1 panel to an IQ 2 with a Verizon cellular card. I went through the panel swap process but am stuck on the cellular test. When I go to run the test, the screen shows 0/5 bars. The cellular coverage tool shows full coverage at my address.

I saw another thread that said my panel had to be registered and I should have an active account at Alarm.com. I already had an Alarm.com account so I just need to verify my panel (or panel’s IMEI) is registered.

I saw another thread that said my panel had to be registered and I should have an active account at Alarm.com. I already had an Alarm.com account so I just need to verify my panel (or panel’s IMEI) is registered.

The module swap process itself is just this, registering the new module with ADC.

Your panel is correctly registered based on the submitted number, and it is communicating currently. You can verify your devices and activity is showing in Alarm.com history. It looks like all broadband commands are going through.

The cellular signal strength is currently reporting 0 as you say though, so that would point to either a lack of signal at the location or an issue with the antenna.

Where is the panel in the home? Is it near a lot of metal? Is it in the basement?

The panel is on the 1st floor with another floor above it. Not much metal around it. It’s in the same location as the original panel. Can I move over to backup battery mode and try checking other locations? Or do I need to be plugged in when I try other locations?

You should be able to just run on battery and check signaling around the home.

I walked around the house and even walked outside and am still getting 0 bars. I rebooted the panel while I was outside in case that changed things but didn’t see a difference. We have friends that come over that have Verizon as their cellular provider and they get adequate signal.

That possibly suggests a hardware issue with the antenna or SIM. To best assist, could you take a photo of the inside of the panel board and SIM slot? You can email these to customerservice@suretyhome.com and reference this thread. I’d like to see if anything jumps out at me.

Just sent the pictures in

Thank you. I looked at the photos and nothing leaps out at me as physically damaged or loose as far as I can tell. It looks like this is a regular IQ Panel 2, not an IQ Panel 2+, correct? I don’t see a Power G radio.

Was this panel purchased used? Or is it a new panel?

What is the firmware version you are currently running? Settings > About > Software Version

I just rebooted, checked again, and now I have 2/5 bars. I guess I was too antsy. I’ll keep an eye on it to make sure the signal doesn’t drop out.

This is an IQ panel 2+. The power G radio is the module with the all metal shielding.

The person I purchased it from said it was new and it looked new when I received it. No marks or indications of a previous install

Firmware is 2.3.0-ADCS 5.16-ADCL 5.16

This is an IQ panel 2+. The power G radio is the module with the all metal shielding.

Whoops, my bad you are right, I was looking at the wrong antenna slot based on the image orientation.

I asked if new since IQ Panel 2’s are discontinued now (not the +) but that wouldn’t be relevant.

I’m glad to hear the Radio Status improved. Keep an eye on it and let us know if an issue persists, but I just sent a couple cell pings that went through immediately, so signaling looks good at the moment.