Newbie questions

Good afternoon,

I am just starting to set up my system. I got the Qolsys IQ2 mounted to the wall and updated. I have only installed the ADC T2000 and two temp sensors. All working ok, except I originally had the humidity displayed on the app and when I uninstalled the thermostat accidentally and then reinstalled it, the thermostat no longer shows the humidity. I see an option to enable it or disable it, and togging it off and on hasn’t helped.

Also, I am getting a message on the app and website, “Radio not responding” All my system tests pass. What radio is this referring to?

I am sure I will have some Q’s later, but that’s all for now.

Thanks in advance!! You guys ROCK!

Radio Not Responding refers to the cellular communication radio in the panel. This is the cell connection between the panel and Alarm.com.

In the Qolsys IQ Panel 2 we’ve noticed an issue where ADC will not be able to complete a few initial commands to fully connect via cell if Wifi was enabled and connected prior to running your cell phone test and connecting to ADC.

Try disabling wifi and run a cell phone test from the alarm panel. This typically resolves this issue quickly.

I originally had the humidity displayed on the app and when I uninstalled the thermostat accidentally and then reinstalled it, the thermostat no longer shows the humidity. I see an option to enable it or disable it, and togging it off and on hasn’t helped

It looks like there may have been an issue with reporting the device to ADC, possibly caused by a byproduct of the issue described above. Try the above to ensure the cell connection is completed, then try deleting and re-learning the thermostat. ADC should get the proper firmware info and display the correct Tstat settings. Does this resolve the issue?

Thanks for The advice. I turned off the Wi-Fi and ran the cell signal test and I believe everything is working OK. The error message when away. I then re-connected to Wi-Fi. I cleared the thermostat and then re-added it, however I do not have humidity monitor on the thermostat still??

Also, FYI my T2000 is probably 3 yrs or so old. I am not sure of the firmware on it. I had not used the thermostat since shortly after I bought. From what I remember back then, the T2000 was not capable of humidity readings. Does this info help troubleshoot at all?

Thanks.

From what I remember back then, the T2000 was not capable of humidity readings. Does this info help troubleshoot at all?

The T2000 needs firmware version 1.5 or later for humidty display and control. There are no firmware updates for the T2000 so if it previously could not display humidity the same would be true now.

You can check the firmware by placing the thermostat in off mode, then hold the up button until the display changes. Press the up button to cycle between version types. The one displayed with the heat and cool icons illuminated is the firmware. If less than 1.5 it would not be compatible.

I did as you instructed. I see 1.20 with the heat and cool symbol and then when i press the up button once, I see 1.10 with the wi-fi symbol illuminated?

I see 1.20 with the heat and cool symbol

That version unfortunately would not support humidity through Alarm.com.

No worries. It gives me a reason to upgrade to the T3000. Thanks for the quick response.