New Trane Thermostat

Hi. I just purchased a Trane zwave thermostat model XL624. Is it compatible with my 2gig panel?

I do not believe that is officially compatible, no. The officially supported Trane thermostat manual and model can be found below.

trane_TZEMT400AB32MAA_userguide.pdf (1.08 MB)

Thanks for the information. I’m going to install the XL624 and see if I can get it to work. I’ll try to update this thread with results.

FYI. I’m wanting to use the XL624 because it has an outside sensor connection that allows me to do a compressor lockout on a heat pump system.

I did check the specs on these T’stats:

2GIG- CT100
Trane - TZEMT400xxxxx (recommended)
Trane - XL624

All of these say they support the Z-Wave™ Thermostat General V2 Device spec.

Hopefully I’ll get a chance to install the XL624 soon and see how it performs.

Thanks,
Glenn

All of these say they support the Z-Wave™ Thermostat General V2 Device spec.

Hopefully I’ll get a chance to install the XL624 soon and see how it performs.

Please do let us know how that model works out. Hopefully there will be no snags. We cannot say for certain, unlike lights which are relatively simple, thermostats and locks typically need to have feature compatibility addressed in the panel.

Here’s the update.

The Trane – XL624 thermostat worked great. No Issues with z wave inclusion with my 2GIG panel. All features seem to work fine with the 2GIG panel interface and Alarm.com. Also works great with Amazon Echo control via alarm.com skill.

FYI. I replaced and older Carrier model TSTATCCPDF01-B duel fuel t’stat with the new Trane. Both use an outdoor temperature sensor to perform compressor lockout on a Heat Pump system. The Carrier outdoor sensor is compatible with the Trane. Both t’stats use a 10k ohm thermistor for the sensor.

So far, so good!

The Trane – XL624 thermostat worked great. No Issues with z wave inclusion with my 2gig panel. All features seem to work fine with the 2GIG panel interface and Alarm.com

Hey that’s great news. Would you mind posting your current 2GIG firmware in case others are interested in this Tstat. That way we have a confirmed version which works.

Sure.

2GIG Firmware Version: 1.10.1
Zwave Version: 2GIG-b 3.42