New Sensors Not Showing Up

1. I added new sensors and they are not showing up in the ADC app>Security System. It shows up on the website and I selected the sensor monitoring check box, but it still does not show up in the app. Did I forget some kind of configuration?

Side question: There seems to be a long delay between a motion sensor shows as activated and when it clears. Is this normal?

It looks like these devices may be programmed as interior sensors? Double check that they have been selected for Activity Monitoring on the Alarm.com website under Settings > Devices > Devices. Activity monitoring must be selected for them to show up in the quick status list.

Just to verify, what zone type do you have set for those new detectors? (for example, [01] for Entry Delay Sensor, [05] for Interior Follower, etc.)

Side question: There seems to be a long delay between a motion sensor shows as activated and when it clears. Is this normal?

Interior sensors are generally not as useful for that quick status list due to the fact that they cannot remain open naturally. The activity occurs and resolves immediately (motion detector is tripped, glass break is activated, etc). Thus to have any use in terms of current status they require a delay in idle status in Alarm.com. For interior followers, the ADC status of activated will remain for about an hour.

This simply lets you see at a glance that activity has occurred within the last hour.

This is normal and doesn’t affect how the detector operates locally.

Thanks for the clarification.

Monitoring has been selected for all zones that have that option, including the zone that I want to see on the app. I have them programmed as 010 - Interior Delay (DSC NEO). Does this option prevent it from showing up on the app?

It may, they are showing an “OK” status rather than activated or idle. The ADC dealer tools indicates that they are not selected for Activity Monitoring. Was there a use case for these to cause a delay countdown?

You might try setting them as Interior Followers temporarily to see if that resolves the issue.

I set Z19 as 001 Delay 1, Z20 as 003 Instant, and Z21 as 004 Interior for testing purposes. Only Z19 has a checkbox for Monitoring. There others are N/A. Although, I still don’t see the sensors on the app. FYI these are glassbreak detectors. I don’t understand why it is not showing up.

Aha. Yes apologies, if programmed as a glass break detector zone, Alarm.com no longer includes it in the sensor status list as its current status is irrelevant and it is just monitored for alarms, not activity.

If you program it as a zone type that could be motion or glass-break it should still show up, but ultimately the glass break detectors should be programmed based on how they are used locally, not for the sensor status list in the app, as again, glass break detectors are not at all useful in that regard. The sensor status list in the app is for sensors whose activity and real time status can be monitored and provide useful data. (for example: is the garage door open? Is a window left open? etc.)

Smoke detectors, carbon monoxide detectors, panic buttons, glass break sensors, etc., are not used for status monitoring, just alarm monitoring.

Thanks.

I am thinking since it is a wireless sensor, ADC may know what kind of sensor it is since it does not show anything regardless of the zone type.