New panel service

Hello, I currently have service through you on my old panel that I left behind when I moved. I have a Qolsys panel at the new house that I’d like to use and replace the current one on ADC. How do I switch the systems? Thank you.

Happy to help! The steps to take to report a change of address can be found here.

If you are also to be using a new system and you’ve left your subscription and Alarm.com account active with suretyDIY, we can perform a panel swap on your account via the panel communicator serial number.

On an IQ Panel this will be labeled IMEI and found on a sticker on the back of the panel. This video shows how to find it in the panel software.

If you instead have an IQ Panel 2, this video shows where to find the module number.

Please be sure to submit this module number along with your new address information in a secure message. You can verify the module is currently unregistered through this check tool.

Great, message sent thank you for your help.

Support has gotten back to me stating to run a cell test on the panel but I am getting zero bars of service for the test despite knowing I get service in that location. I read in another thread that you had to activate the panel on ADC first to get cell reception, is that true?

Ok, was able to get a connection with a panel reboot.

Ok, was able to get a connection with a panel reboot.

Great, yes with an IQ Panel, a reboot would be the best step to take first in that scenario as the cell module itself is built into the panel and not adjustable.

Thank you very much. It’s showing my old thermostat in my old house, is that something you can remove? Also I can still see all the notifications for old house like doors opening. Etc. Will that go away? Thanks.

It’s showing my old thermostat in my old house, is that something you can remove?

Looks like you are referring to a Nest thermostat. If the Nest tstat was left behind, it would still show up because it is not tied to the panel but rather the Alarm.com account itself. I have removed the Nest device from your account for you.

Also I can still see all the notifications for old house like doors opening. Etc. Will that go away? Thanks.

Typically when moving and leaving the old system you would cancel the current subscription then re-purchase a new subscription after moving in. This would result in a new Alarm.com account.

In this case, the Alarm.com account was left active and the panel was swapped to the new one. This is fine as well, but some Alarm.com notifications and users related to the prior panel may need to be deleted. You can delete these notifications while logged into Alarm.com.