new gc3 won't recognize vivint sensors

Recently got a new gc3 and when I try to add sensors it won’t recognize any of them. I tried manually typing serial and using learn. Neither work. I was trying thin door window sensor dw10 I believe and recessed door sensors. Is there anything special i need to do. I just plugged in the panel and went straight to the add sensors screen. On the plus side i got both of my t100 thermostats to work.

The “vivint” sensors are regular 2GIG 345mhz sensors.

Yeah that’s what I thought. Now I’m thinking maybe a defective gc3. Is there any reset other than unplugging everything and restarting it. Ive tried that.

Also I was thinking maybe it’s because the sensors are still showing up on the vivint panel. I wasn’t sure if a sensor can be paired to multiple panels at the same time. But I did delete the sensor from the vivint sky panel and it still couldn’t get it to work on the gc3 but I was able to easily add it back on the vivint sky panel using the learn setting for the serial.

I wasn’t sure if a sensor can be paired to multiple panels at the same time.

Yes, 345 mhz sensors do not themselves link to a system, they can be added to multiple systems at the same time.

Have you tried the “Restore Defaults” reset in the GC3 menu?

Yeah I tried resetting defaults a couple times. I noticed that the sensors are listed on the vivint panel as dw11 and dw21r. I opened a window sensor and it does say dw11 on the circuit board. On my gc3 I only have options for dw10 and dw20r. Do you know if the gc3 is compatible with those sensors. I thought they were all 345mhz and made by 2gig but I could be wrong.

Hmm, I suppose it is possible if they are different model numbers that they may have been designed to operate on a different radio frequency. Do you have access to the manuals for those still?

No the installer actually took all the boxes with him. I have some dw10 on order that I will try later this week.

Any word on the new DW10s?

Yeah everything is working fine with 2gig sensors. The vivint must have been proprietary. Do you know when a firmware update is going to roll out for the gc3?

Do you know when a firmware update is going to roll out for the gc3?

No ETA yet. The good news is that as soon as it is available you should be able to apply it as all that is needed to do so is a USB drive.