New customer, panel not communicating

Hello,
I am new customer. I bought an unlocked communication board for my Go Control panel, ive followed the steps in the welcome letter. Successfully ran a cell phone test. Signal strength is 15/31. I’ve waited over an hour but still getting “your control panel has not communicated with Alarm.com.” Ive also tried rebooting my panel.

Please assist.

Happy to help!

There is no successful signal report from your panel yet in ADC history. ADC access is only available after the initial connection of the panel to service.

This would just be an incomplete connection from the first cell test. Try running another cell phone test now, let us know here when you’ve done so and I can confirm if received.

Okay, just ran another one

I’m coming from my precious provider. Firmware is 1.17.0.3. Do I need to factory reset my panel or anything?

Unfortunately we still do not see a report of a cell test on the back end in your history.

Were you swapping to a new module? If you have a new module (looks like your account shows an LTE module) make sure this was installed and the old one removed.

Also be sure that both antenna that come with the LTE module are attached. Both antenna are required for function.

If you have any questions about installation, please post a photo of the module as it is installed in the panel and we would be happy to assist!

I swapped from a locked att panel to an locked 4G Verizon. Both entenas are plugged in but they are the ones that were with the att communication board

The panel type reports as a 2GIG Go!Control.

The AT&T module is a 3G communication module with one antenna.

The Verizon LTE module is a 4G communication module with two antenna.

You would need both LTE antenna connected to the module in order for function.

Please power down the alarm panel completely, transformer then battery, then install both antenna which came with the LTE module and power back up. Plug in battery first, then transformer. Then try that cell phone test again.

It already has two entenas. But I went ahead and swapped them. And I ran a new cell test

Thank you for the image. Looks good. Can you post a quick photo of the panel screen when you navigate to the Installer Settings and tap Radio Status?

Sure thing

That module number does not match the module number submitted for your LTE Verizon module. That would be why ADC is not showing any signals.

That means the wrong cellular module is installed on the panel. Be sure to power down the panel fully, then swap to the module with the number used to submit your order for suretyDIY service. After boot-up, wait a couple minutes then run a cell phone test.

Ops. Guess I unplugged the old one and plugged it back in. I put tbe new one in. When I went to run a new cell test the option isn’t there. I gave it 8 minutes before I had to go to work.

Ops. Guess I unplugged the old one and plugged it back in. I put tbe new one in. When I went to run a new cell test the option isn’t there. I gave it 8 minutes before I had to go to work.

The option to run a cell phone test will only show up if the panel recognizes a module is installed.

If you do not have sufficient firmware for the module, it will not be available. Depending on the type of LTE module you have, it may require 1.17 or 1.19 firmware. The 2GIG-LTEV1-A-GC2 requires 1.19 firmware.

Also be sure that the panel is completely powered off before making any physical change like swapping the module. Try a power cycle to see if the option becomes available. If not, it is likely you need to update the firmware via update cable.

Okay. So it is a firmware version issue. Is there anyway to setup my account to communicate with the old module? It appears to be unlocked just by unplugged from the panel and plugging it back on.

If the module is unregistered from any Alarm.com account it should be able to be used yes. You can verify the other module by using the check tool found here. (it looks like it is unregistered)

If you want to swap your module number on your account, please submit a secure message here with your request and the module number you wish to use. You will receive email confirmation when complete.

I may do that. Thank you. It is interfering it was locked. It sees like by simply removing it and plugged it back in u locked it. Which is too bad I didn’t know that before I spent 100 bucks on a one. Not blaming anyone but myself. Last question, is there any advantage to the LTEV1 over tbe LTEV?

Thanks for all your help.

Interfering mean to be interesting :slight_smile:

I may do that. Thank you. It is interfering it was locked. It sees like by simply removing it and plugged it back in u locked it. Which is too bad I didn’t know that before I spent 100 bucks on a one. Not blaming anyone but myself. Last question, is there any advantage to the LTEV1 over tbe LTEV?

There is nothing that can be done locally at the panel to lock or unlock a module. Nothing on the radio status screen relates to this status.

A module is registered and cannot be otherwise used if it is currently assigned to an Alarm.com account. This registration is sometimes left in place by some providers, but typically if you cancel your service with a provider the Alarm.com account is cancelled, and that module will then be unregistered.

To check whether any module is unregistered and available for account setup, refer to our check tool here.

The LTEV1 uses a different band of LTE which lowers bandwidth a bit (the panel does not require higher bandwidth) and may further improve on network reliability.