MyQ Support Changes Announcement

Due to a technical issue occurring with MyQ Universal Retrofit Hubs, Alarm.com will not allow further activations of the MyQ Garage Universal Retrofit (821LM) effective March 2, 2018. New Hub installations are experiencing issues with correct status being relayed by Liftmaster. (resolved, see not below)

Alarm.com is supporting LiftMaster as they work to identify and resolve this issue, but they currently have no estimated resolution date. For new installations, you can continue to install the Linear Z-Wave Garage Controller (GD00Z) or the LiftMaster MyQ Gateway (828LM).

EDIT: The underlying reason for this restriction has been resolved, and the ability to register LiftMaster Universal gateways (821LM) has been restored.

If I am just starting to look into adding garage doors, non liftmaster brand opener, which should I be leaning towards for reliability, Linear Z-Wave Garage Controller (GD00Z) or MyQ Garage Universal Retrofit (821LM). I havent heard too many issues with the linear setups. I think I like the idea of keeping them z-wave, my wifi is beginning to get crowded with devices.