MyQ garage door usage

I purchased a new Sommer 3/4hp garage door opener and just finished installing it. I also pick up the MyQ Garage package to open and close it from my phone. I have not had luck programming it. The App said that it can only monitor the door.

I saw a post from Ryan Boder about the use of a linear MegaCode Plug-in Receiver and wondered if that would solve my problem? You also say this should work with any garage door with a wireless remote and a learn button. Any insight is appreciated.

If I understand correctly, you are interested in whether or not the linear MegaCode Plug-in Receiver would solve the problem you are having getting the app to work for your MyQ garage door?

A few follow up questions: Are you attempting to use the Alarm.com app, combining it with your security and automation system powered by ADC, or the LiftMaster app? (You can only have it registered to one at a time.) Could you clarify which MyQ product you are using? (The LiftMaster MyQ Internet Gateway (828LM) along with the LiftMaster MyQ Control Panel (888LM), or the LiftMaster MyQ Garage Universal Remote Controller (821LM)?) At what point in set up or use are you having the problem? Any additional detail would be helpful.

The MyQ Garage universal controller works with almost any garage door with a wireless remote and a learn button. The compatibility list I’ve seen is:

• Liftmaster, Chamberlain, Sears Craftsman -310, 315, 390, 433.30, 433.92, and 434.54MHz
• Linear- MegaCode 318MHz
• Genie- Intellicode 315, 390 MHz
• Overhead Door- Codedodger 315, 390 MHz
• Stanley- SecureCode 310Mhz
• Wayne Dalton- KEELOQ, 372 MHz
• North Shore Commercial Door – LongRanger 315, 390 MHz

The Linear MegaCode receiver (MDR-U) will give any garage door opener with a normally open contact input the ability to receive Linear MegaCode 318MHz signals which would therefore make it compatible with the MyQ Garage controller. In other words, if your garage door has screw terminals that you can wire a push button to then it should work with the MegaCode receiver.

http://www.linearcorp.com/pdf/manuals/MDRU.pdf

I am looking to do the same thing and using the MyQ Garage accessory, or should I say trying to with a Sommer opener. A link is below to verify what I am using.

In theory this should work because the Sommer opener operates at 310MHz and the Myq operates at several additional frequencies. The problem lies in that you must select the manufacturer and model in the set up. Just by choosing Sommer it will only send you open/close alerts. I have tried many other manufacturers and models but none will work when I hold down the learn button on my Sommer.

I too have been looking at the Universal MegaCode Receiver and it looks promising. The problem is still in the setup and tricking the app. I still need to choose a make and model in the app.

So what if I buy the Universal MegaCode Receiver and install it. I program the Mega Code Receiver with a specific Chamberlain Compatible remote. Then I hit the learn button on the MegaCode Receiver while going through the in app installation?

Anyone have thoughts on my idea?

Myq product:
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/chamberlain-myq-garage-door-controller/1764006.p?id=1219063239003&skuId=1764006&ref=06&loc=01&ci_src=14110944&ci_sku=1764006&extensionType=pla:g&s_kwcid=PTC!pla!!!78209008887!g!!52244339351&kpid=1764006&k_clickid=0d6aa5b5-784d-4e02-b04c-97b5b11cc70d&kpid=1764006&gclid=CI2tj66L5cACFRNffgoddD0Auw

If you use a MyQ Garage and a Linear MegaCode Receiver you would choose Linear or MegaCode as the brand, not Sommer. The MyQ Garage will communicate wirelessly with the MegaCode receiver which will communicate with the Sommer opener via wires.

Once the linear megacode receiver is installed, will the existing Simmer remote controlled still work or must be a) reprogrammed ((how?!) Or b) discarded and replaced by linear megacode opener? thanks for any clarification!

The existing garage door opener remote would still work. Your garage door opener itself has the receiver in it to receive signals from the existing remote. The Linear MegaCode Receiver would receive signals from the MyQGarage hub.

The existing garage door opener remote would still work. Your garage door opener itself has the receiver in it to receive signals from the existing remote. The Linear MegaCode Receiver would receive signals from the MyQGarage hub.

I believe the above is exactly what I need to do to have the MyQGarage hub work with my 1992
Sears garage door opener.

The hub and the Linear MegaCode reader would communicate sending a turn on signal from the hub
to the Linear and since the 2 wires for the Linear connect to the garage door they would momentariliy
close to open the door?

Ken

The hub and the Linear MegaCode reader would communicate sending a turn on signal from the hub to the Linear and since the 2 wires for the Linear connect to the garage door they would momentariliy close to open the door?

Correct. The MegaCode Reader would function as though it were a wall button.