Help Forum

MyQ and Keyfob

Support MyQ and Keyfob

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Author

waveyd
    Participant

It worked! Thank you.

I wonder if it might be possible to have an open/close event triggered across the Liftmaster gateway, as a software equivalent of the GDR1-345.

Is there an ADC feature request process?

d

Jason
    Jason
    Surety

I wonder if it might be possible to have an open/close event triggered across the Liftmaster gateway, as a software equivalent of the GDR1-345.

Is there an ADC feature request process?

We are happy to forward all feature enhancement requests to ADC!

To best provide the use case, could you clarify the intention in this case? The open/close status of the door is visible in the Alarm.com app for Liftmaster devices and can be used for notifications. Do you mean something in addition or different than that?

waveyd
    Participant

Looking for something in addition to the use of the alarm.com app.

I like the fact that I can now open and close the garage door from the alarm.com phone app. However, not all our family cars have Homelink, and especially for my kids, I do not want them using their phones in the car at all.

Currently, we can approach the house, click the keyfob to both disarm the alarm and open the garage door. This allows the phone to be untouched, esp when the phone has to be unlocked, the alarm app opened etc. TouchID on an iPhone helps, but requires more handling than the beauty and simplicity of the little keyfob.

Moreover, we live in an area with poor phone signal (enough for the control panel though) so using the keyfob works well whereas I’m not convinced the phone app will when we arrive home..

Given that the keyfob is managed by the 2gig system, and that system responds to the AUX button to trigger the GDR1-345 to issue a momentary trigger, I cannot see why that response could instead be programmed to issue a trigger to the Liftmaster gateway.

I understand that my GDR1-345 is now obsolete with this new Liftmaster, but I don’t like the loss of functionality of the keyfob too.

d

Jason
    Jason
    Surety

Given that the keyfob is managed by the 2gig system, and that system responds to the AUX button to trigger the GDR1-345 to issue a momentary trigger, I cannot see why that response could instead be programmed to issue a trigger to the Liftmaster gateway.

Happy to clarify! The Liftmaster MyQ Overhead does not communicate with your alarm panel.

The Liftmaster overhead does not have a 345 Mhz 2GIG radio in it. There is just no way for it to receive any input at all from the 2GIG-KEY2-345.

If you’ve replaced your overhead with one incompatible with the GDR1-345 and desire a keyfob, a keyfob accessory from the new overhead manufacturer would be necessary.

waveyd
    Participant

I understand that completely, and I apologize for not making myself clear. By gateway, I mean the API/connection between ADC and Liftmaster that uses the Liftmaster serial number as the registered key.

It is clear that ADC can send an open and close signal to Liftmaster because that functionality is available in the alarm.com app. The 2gig zwave system is capable of handling a signal from the keyfob. It must surely be capable of connecting those two things. The keyfob would not communicate directly with the Liftmaster opener because of the technology differences.

Keyfob signal –> 2gig system via RF/zwave –> Alarm.com –> existing API –> MyQ/Liftmaster network –> Liftmaster opener via wifi/MyQ

d

Jason
    Jason
    Surety

Keyfob signal –> 2gig system via RF/zwave –> Alarm.com –> existing API –> MyQ/Liftmaster network –> Liftmaster opener via wifi/MyQ

Ah, I see thank you for clarifying. Apologies for any misunderstanding. We are happy to pass along all feedback! I think there are a couple hurdles in this case:

Chiefly the opening and closing of garage doors via a remote cloud source is a regulated issue. Automating the door based on sensor activity is not permitted as far as I am aware. There are safety regulations dictating how the signal source and receiver function.

An immediate limitation is that the 2GIG Keyfob fourth button is not a monitored device and does not relay status to ADC from the panel. The panel only uses it locally for activation of the Open Collector output, or it can be used with the GDR1-345. I don’t think ADC would currently have data from it to act upon without software development changes from 2GIG.

You can rig the open collector to trip a wired sensor zone in the panel (which is an easy way to rig the keyfob 4th button to activate a lighting automation rule) but this cannot automate garage doors.

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Log in or register here.

Value Proposition

Your home is your domain.
Connecting you with it is ours.

Learn about Surety whole home automation and security.

Just need cameras? Check out Surety 24/7 AI powered video.

Whether you’re a security system novice or a seasoned pro, everything we do is designed to make monitoring your Surety Home incredibly simple and enjoyable.

Guy Relaxing in Chair
New title
Five out of five star rating.

“Surety is amazing!… The service, pricing and most importantly documentation/guides/videos have all been phenomenal… I would highly recommend Surety if you are comfortable doing it yourself; you’ll be happy you did!”

Isaiah W. , Facebook Review , 1/09/2019
Five out of five star rating.

“Could not recommend enough. The service is excellent and the price is unbeatable. We switched from another company where we felt like we were being taken advantage of; but not with Surety! This has been the best move for home security.”

Melissa C. , Citrus Heights, CA , Yelp , 4/26/2018
View more
Plans

We offer plans to fit everybody’s needs.

Shop Plans

No products in the cart.